• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here been to jail or prison?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
assault. got me expelled from highschool. it was on a teacher. the Crown (read
tongue.gif
rosecutor) lost the video evidence, yet it still lasted a year, and went to trial.

What did you do? Hit the teacher with your purse or something?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Never hit a woman, and never will. But I hate ambiguous domestic violence laws.

On another note, for all the lawyers out there, can arrest records be expunged?

Likewise... had a girl try to basically do a 3 punch combination on me once when I broke up with her and guarantee if I shoved her to the ground in self-defense there's a decent chance I was going away for the night. Luckily her sisters dragged her away.

Yeah, one of those break ups ...

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yah, now watch what I'll do with your cane old man.

Wait so you assaulted a teacher and got lucky that the video tape was lost. This seems pretty POS behavior to me.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Wait so you assaulted a teacher and got lucky that the video tape was lost. This seems pretty POS behavior to me.

He needs all the cred he can get to eintimidate frenchy. Thug life.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

I didn't get lucky the videotape was lost lol I could have cared less about it. it's a long story.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Damn. Gangster's paradise indeed.

michaeld

Reaction score
I've had a bit of history with prison over in England.

I was in the Army from when I was 18 until 24 and a few small scrapes in there in the first 2 years- nothing serious but the Army was tough enough and it was enough to end up in the Guard Room (army jail) twice - once for being drunk and disorderly and the other for being AWOL for a few days. The staff there were hard as nails and it was like being back in basic training but also got treated as a screw up. The day was long and hard - loads of drill and running around - marching at diuble time everywhere, loads of inspections of my cell and my kit and hardly a minute to myself. You had to earn everything including time out of the cell, a radio, cigarettes. I was lucky that a year later I got promoted and left the Army with a good record. That was the thing there it was tough but once you did the time it wasn't held against you and I didn't have a criminal record.

When I left the Army I got a job with a security company and part of the job was bringing people from court to prison. Most of the guys I brought to prison were alright but there were some really screwed up lads who you wouldn't want to cross.

3 years ago I got arrested for a serious assault. I had been out drinking and things got out of hand and I got involved and hurt a guy pretty bad. I lost my job because of it and eventually got sentenced to 2 years and did a year inside - you do the other half 'on license' here. I'd been in Army Jail so I didn't find prison too bad but it was bad being in there. When I got sentenced it was so strange getting handcuffed by someone I knew from the security company and being put in the same van as I used to put other people in. When I got to prison I was asked if I wanted to go on the numbers - basically protection because of the job I did but I said no and went on a main wing. I knew I deserved to be there but it was hard being on the other side of the bars and wearing the prison uniform. I got on with most people inside OK but there's always a few who want to kick off but was able to cope all right with that. I got a job in the kitchens and did a few course which got me out of the cell a fair bit. I hated being locked up and not being outside but got used to it alright. My family were always there for me when I was locked up and got visits from them and my mates. The worse thing for me was that 2 things happened when I was in there that made me angry about all that happened. I missed the birth of my kid - I got to see her a few weeks later but it was in the prison visiting room. A few weeks after I got called to see the Governor and he told me that my Dad had died suddenly. I was gutted that I wasn't able to be there for my Mum and got upset about that. I got to go to the funeral but was handcuffed and with prison officers. I hated people seeing me like that but it made me promise myself never to get in trouble again.

I have finished my probation, got married and have a second kid on the way. I'm 29 now and plan out not seeing a prison again.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, ed you are slipping

Spalla is not me. I wish he were.

I didn't get lucky the videotape was lost lol I could have cared less about it. it's a long story.

I'm listening. Or PM

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Never hit a woman, and never will. But I hate ambiguous domestic violence laws.

On another note, for all the lawyers out there, can arrest records be expunged?

It depends. Laws differ from state to state and how they are applied differ from county to county. GENERALLY non-violent petty crimes such as DUIs or possession or something similarly stupid can often be expunged after a suitable period of time has passed. PM me if you would like a referral to a local attorney or bar association who can assist you in this matter.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theantiquematinee
Went for a DUI, found out what a mule is, never going back.
A mule? What is it?

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
A mule? What is it?

He had to give someone a blumpkin in prison while getting a mule tattoo on his left bum cheek

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads