• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Kyle, just picked up a three pack each of Hurst Vineyard and Purple Pachyderm, both by Claypool. Mrs. Piob and me both have fond memories of the wine.
inlove.gif

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just finished a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins '07. Remarkable wine for about $18 .. very bold taste and just kept getting better the more air it got.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
OK. Out at a wine bar "cougar hunting" tonight. Ran across a cool wine I want more of: 2007 Perrin Cairanne Peyre Blance (Cote du Rhone Villages). At last a 2007 Rhone that is both yummy and highly approachable now. $45/bottle restaurant price. Must kop.

Will advise on success with cougarlicious possibilities later.

Had a Perrin Vacqueyras tonight, 2007 les Christins. Cheap and cheerful at less than $30 even in Canadaland. Grenache-Syrah blend, very easy to drink - we polished off a bottle in no time... please report back on cougar-hunting successes...

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Had a Perrin Vacqueyras tonight, 2007 les Christins. Cheap and cheerful at less than $30 even in Canadaland. Grenache-Syrah blend, very easy to drink - we polished off a bottle in no time... please report back on cougar-hunting successes...

Veddy nice. Even better with a good decant, I've found.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
just finished a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins '07. Remarkable wine for about $18 .. very bold taste and just kept getting better the more air it got.

Have this at a local bar. Only decent wine they have. Pleasant Zin.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK. Out at a wine bar "cougar hunting" tonight. Ran across a cool wine I want more of: 2007 Perrin Cairanne Peyre Blance (Cote du Rhone Villages). At last a 2007 Rhone that is both yummy and highly approachable now. $45/bottle restaurant price. Must kop. Will advise on success with cougarlicious possibilities later.
You dirty frigging skank. Photos please. I beg you

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
No successes. The only one remotely interested in me was there with another guy. She left. I got no digits. Wound up drunk texting an ex. So friggin' pathetic.
Originally Posted by audiophilia
You dirty frigging skank.
bigstar[1].gif
If I wind up moving out of Plano soon I my change my screen name to Dirty Frigging Skank.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Veddy nice. Even better with a good decant, I've found.

Big pours into the glasses seemed to have opened it up nicely - I didn't have the fore-thought to open it earlier.

No successes. The only one remotely interested in me was there with another guy. She left. I got no digits. Wound up drunk texting an ex. So friggin' pathetic.

Those of us with wives/kids must live vicariously through these sorts of exploits. I'm sure great success will come your way...
bigstar[1].gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Kyle, just picked up a three pack each of Hurst Vineyard and Purple Pachyderm, both by Claypool. Mrs. Piob and me both have fond memories of the wine.
inlove.gif

Love you bro. One of the finer nights I've ever had.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Love you bro. One of the finer nights I've ever had.

It was indeed a good night.
cheers.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
About 3/4 of a bottle of wine each for Kyle and me, and then, about a dozen Hendricks and tonic each. So good, but not great or epic.
wink.gif

Of course, the setting of Healdsburg over Xmas, the cozy restaurant for dinner, and the lounge at Hotel Healdsburg helped make it good too.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
3 out of a possible 4 seems to be the "golden ratio" whenever Kwilk bros it up.

laugh.gif

Oh snap!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Gomey, if you get this fast, call at that WTSO Champs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads