• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrInvariant
And BTW their jackets are fused (glued together).

They're supposed to be at least half-canvassed, or so it sounds on their web-site anyway...they actually say "full canvas interlining" but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
They're supposed to be at least half-canvassed, or so it sounds on their web-site anyway...they actually say "full canvas interlining" but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

::Sigh:: we've been through this before which is how we ended up w/ the lining all the way through the lapels (LorenzL, where you at?). The jackets have full interlining but it is not a free floating layer, it is clearly fused in.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
::Sigh:: we've been through this before which is how we ended up w/ the lining all the way through the lapels (LorenzL, where you at?). The jackets have full interlining but it is not a free floating layer, it is clearly fused in.
The image on the web-site shows pad-stitching in the lapels, which is a bit misleading if they aren't actually constructed this way.

MrInvariant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
The image on the web-site shows pad-stitching in the lapels, which is a bit misleading if they aren't actually constructed this way.

Yes, it is misleading.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Looking for a quick opinion. What is your take on the following three, and which would you vote for:

http://www.indochino.com/product/the...avigation_suit
http://www.indochino.com/product/the...instriped_suit
http://www.indochino.com/product/the...hreepiece_suit

I'm leaning towards the latter two due to their more subtle striping. I don't like anything too bold. I find the Hedonist quite attractive, but their new suits (at least in the marketing) seem to employ a higher-quality fabric. What would your pick be?

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
Looking for a quick opinion. What is your take on the following three, and which would you vote for:

http://www.indochino.com/product/the...avigation_suit
http://www.indochino.com/product/the...instriped_suit
http://www.indochino.com/product/the...hreepiece_suit

I'm leaning towards the latter two due to their more subtle striping. I don't like anything too bold. I find the Hedonist quite attractive, but their new suits (at least in the marketing) seem to employ a higher-quality fabric. What would your pick be?

Go with the 3-piece for this price and use one of the coupons to get some free stuff.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
Go with the 3-piece for this price and use one of the coupons to get some free stuff.
Price is not an issue with this one. I'm changing my purchase after being dissatisfied with the fabric of the Timeless Charcoal Suit. But I do agree that the Hedonist looks really nice. No coupons can be applied to this since I used one with my original purchase. EDIT: Well I'm definitely not considering the first anymore. The hedonist, as wonderful as it looks, seems to be very formal/executive oriented as well. Not sure if it would be suitable for me

raphael__n

Reaction score
Lunar Lilac is en route. Did anyone else place an order from the new collection? I'll provide my personal assessment on the fabric quality once it arrives. I'm hoping it's worth the extra amount. My current impression of Indochino is extremely good customer service, but with subpar fabric on the Timeless Charcoal. I'm still partially regretting not going for the Hedonist, but fabric quality comes first.

Despite the consumer demand over the 3-pc Hedonist Navy, I have not been able to find any reviews. If any of you have read one, can you please link me to it?

frustratedprocess12

Reaction score
question for Raphael_n. You said you were changing your purchase after being dissatisfied with the Timeless Charcoal suit. How did that process work? Can you change the suit you want in lieu of getting a makeover or return? I ask this because I ordered the Hedonist Navy suit and am now getting second thoughts that it might not be as blue as I wanted - I already have a black suit with subtle grey pin stripes. Especially now with the new collection and the Golden Navy Navigation Suit or the star dusted striped suit, the hedonist navy almost looks black compared to those two.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frustratedprocess12
question for Raphael_n. You said you were changing your purchase after being dissatisfied with the Timeless Charcoal suit. How did that process work? Can you change the suit you want in lieu of getting a makeover or return? I ask this because I ordered the Hedonist Navy suit and am now getting second thoughts that it might not be as blue as I wanted - I already have a black suit with subtle grey pin stripes. Especially now with the new collection and the Golden Navy Navigation Suit or the star dusted striped suit, the hedonist navy almost looks black compared to those two.
It's true that the Hedonist Navy is a very dark navy, but judging from the fabric sample I have, it doesn't look black to me. My change occurred after a rather dragged out process of getting remakes and having bad luck with them. My last remake was close to being spot-on. However, I asked to have a lower button stance made (did not work out so well). In any case, another remake was due and I asked to have it upgraded due to the quality of the fabric. After LorenzL's description of his Walker Navy Tweed, I was convinced that I made a mistake ordering from their more affordable offerings. The way I see it, when you're shelling out several hundred for a suit, paying a bit extra is a fine investment (e.g. $299 for a polyester vs $349 for their basic wool suits). It's a difference of $100 between the Timeless Charcoal and most of their high-end offerings. Company gets better business, and you get a better quality suit. After I sent the e-mail, Angie wrote back and said she had to ask her manager who verified the change. I'm not sure if you can change the suit fabric at this point, especially if there is nothing wrong with the fabric you chose (they brought it back due to demand). If you placed the order very recently, you can contact Angie and try to have it changed if you like. Personally, I prefer the look of the Hedonist, but it has more of a business vibe (same reason I skipped on the Golden Navy).

LorenzL

Reaction score
about the canvas - they improved the construction earlier this year and included canvas in the lapels. Some parts of the canvas are glued though, so strictly/technically speaking it's not fully canvassed (according to JeffreyD).

I didn't order anything from the December Collection, but I'm really very interested in what Raphael__N will say about the fabric! It does sound very high quality and it's true I was very impressed with the Walker Navy Tweed...

By the way, I'm trying to get some more reviews on my blog, so I thought about a competition - would anyone be interested in sending in a review for the chance to win a 50$ Indochino voucher? (can't offer much more atm for a website that's a hobby for me).

TorontoEX

Reaction score
could be my mistake on the handwork... could be from the alteration tailor : P

superlyduper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
Price is not an issue with this one. I'm changing my purchase after being dissatisfied with the fabric of the Timeless Charcoal Suit. But I do agree that the Hedonist looks really nice. No coupons can be applied to this since I used one with my original purchase.

EDIT: Well I'm definitely not considering the first anymore. The hedonist, as wonderful as it looks, seems to be very formal/executive oriented as well. Not sure if it would be suitable for me

What about the fabric of the Timeless Charcoal Suit is not up to par? I'm looking for a plain charcoal and was considering that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads