• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
2uha8gp.jpg

Will need to see how this works on a real person... looks like an uncircumcised penis right now.

Parka looks great, wondering if this would withstand the heaviest Chicago and NYC winters.

Oski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Dude Chicago winter is way worse than NYC winter.

+1. The snow we got this weekend doesn't seem like much compared to a usual Chicago snow storm.
lol8[1].gif

From the looks of it, the parka seems like it could withstand ANY winter.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, the redesigned duffle is awesome.

That is damn cheap considering the quality.

That's going to be my winter coat, for sure. Removable hood is exactly what I wanted in last years model.

modalsaliency

Reaction score
Here are some belated pics of my lamb DR in olive, as promised. http://picasaweb.google.com/grossman...eat=directlink Leather quality is top-notch, as has been stated innumerable times in this thread. Construction and craftsmanship are also incredibly good, particularly for the pricepoint. I have a few jackets done by hideously expensive Japanese designers and for all the well-earned credit Drew gets for quality I think the real story of ToJ is the value. This jacket should be far more expensive than it is, and would be under any other brand name. The overall design is very svelte. I was actually one of those who thought it was too busy upon first seeing it, but I'll echo commentary by other people that it's more subdued in the flesh. I own the original DR modified to be as minimalist as possible (no belt, hidden snaps) and the new DR still manages to look like less of a "biker" jacket. A plus, in my opinion, though I do happen to ride. I'm rather less happy with the fit, to be honest. It was actually sent back once for alterations after the first delivery due to the cut being all over the place, but even modified (and wearing three layers of thermals, as in the pics) it scrunches/bulges around my body and is pretty noticeable as I walk. This is mostly a result of me submitting measurements for it that turned out to be too small for what the pattern could allow, but only in hindsight. I'm around 55kg and 185cm while having the hips of a girl, so this in combination with a longer than usual body length and a waist that was true to the measurements but a midsection that wasn't has led to a lot of room around the latter. This is why female DRs are usually made shorter than male ones, basically. If your hips are wider than your waist, don't do what I did and try to turn this into a longer jacket. The original DR could have a midsection thinner than the waist. This one can't. It has to taper inward all the way through. I kind of wish I'd known this in advance, but c'est la guerre. The sleeve length is intentional though, before anyone asks. It's a preference thing; I like having something to recede my hands into. Overall it really is a ******* incredible piece of work, so much so that I'm going to get another one eventually. Drew genuinely deserves the torrent of praise he that garners here and elsewhere, and the fact that he's able to produce garments like this while still humoring the MTM crowd is far beyond the call of duty given the headaches that it causes. Had I a sister, he would have first rights to her. ______ tl;dr summary: Drew is a scholar and a gentleman. Buy his ****. Tia.
Need TOJ archery tabs. Still MTM, right?
I would unironically buy this. My favorite finger tabs were stolen by some Korean kid.
frown.gif

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks fine, but those sleeves are too long, preference notwithstanding ... a lot of these fit problems, I dunno. I see this happen a lot in internet mtm services where dudes get way to finnicky and overprecise with the measurements and end up throwing things off. I bet 99.9% of people could change at most the sleeve length and maaaaybe the body length on the stock sizes and be good to go.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ kinda, but modalsaliency is literally the tallest/skinniest guy I've ever met in my life... he's like 6'2 and 125 lbs man... Needless to say, kind of hard to get slim fitting clothes on people who are already skinny without getting a ripple or pull here and there...
redface.gif

stick

Reaction score
Body and sleeves need to be like 3 inches shorter. Body length makes it too tight around the hips which makes it bunch up at the midsection and look weird. Sleeve length makes you look like a kid in a jacket that's too big, and the jacket itself is already so tight that it makes you look like a stick figure inside it. It looks like shorter lengths would've solved all problems, imo.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm.
crazy.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
frown.gif
looked better virgin, tbh.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
frown.gif
looked better virgin, tbh.

it's still wet
smile.gif
(judging by my moto it won't really change much other than shrinking slightly and taking off some shine, still not sure how I'm going to mold it to dry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads