• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I wear suits most days. I would probably wear them everyday if I had more suits.

So why not a OneSuit??? If you're not in the odd jacket/trou frequently, I really can't see the point of the OneTrou.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
I think one needs a minimum of two shoes, a black oxford and some brown shoe. There are some situations when black is definitely too severe, and others when brown is definitely too informal.

I am contemplating the TwoShoes, identical save that one is in black and one is in brown. Perhaps I will vary the leather/color even further, but I already have in mind the basic stylings that I strongly prefer.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
So why not a OneSuit??? If you're not in the odd jacket/trou frequently, I really can't see the point of the OneTrou.

I suspect because this would be way too boring given how strongly the suit defines the whole look.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
I suspect because this would be way too boring given how strongly the suit defines the whole look.

We're talking about Foo here. Most SFers would not be happy with a OneShoe or a OneTrou for your stated, above reason. But if you're Foo, why not get a multiple versions of a beautifully tailored suit in a magnificent fabric so you always look great, and feel great, with no guess work?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a proponent of the 'One' concept. I like it, It helps to me to incorporate minimalism into my wardrobe.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I'm a proponent of the 'One' concept. I like it, It helps to me to incorporate minimalism into my wardrobe.

You will not achieve maximum minimal until you have embraced the 'None' concept. ala The NonePant.

Looking forward to it in WAYWN.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
This is exactly what Dr. No did.

And Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. It would certainly free up thinking time.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
You will not achieve maximum minimal until you have embraced the 'None' concept. ala The NonePant.

Looking forward to it in WAYWN.

This is like promoting masturbation over monogamy.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
~2-3 cm around the waist. They still button, but uncomfortably.

what happened to the outlet fabric at the back seam?

ah ha, you have been gaining weight havent you.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not enough people cared about my wife's Genovese so I lost the spirit.

foo.gif
: I am a 22 year old law student. Your genovese post at what was the beginning of my first semester of law school prompted my two roommates and I to spend 5 hours on a Sunday cooking a genovese recipe for a potluck we hosted. It was the most delicious thing we have ever made. I hope this enspires you to update TitC.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

Minimalism is one way to look at it. I've started implementing the "One" concept to make sure that I have my wardrobe fundamentals available at all times. I love grey suits, bengal stripe shirts, grey pants, navy blazer, brown cap toe shoes etc. Now, instead of having to restrict wearing those items to once a week or once every two weeks (lest I wear them out or have to go to the dry cleaners 2x/week), I have multiples so I can wear them as much as I want. I still like to have some more idiosyncratic stuff in my wardrobe (glen plaid trousers, tan shoes, loud sportcoat, etc) that I might be in the mood to wear from time to time, but they are extraneous to my core wardrobe and I'm not forced to include them in my rotation.

VoxCorbera

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
On a side note, it appears there's a disturbance in teh Styleforvm... Vox/F. Corbera are both pulsating in the cyberspace of this threak...

Is that better?

- newB

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The OneTrouser cannot be absolute. I'll need a summer and winter version.

What a shame. I was going to guess 13 oz H Lesser in light grey great body and may be tolerably hot in the summer.

If two season:
Winter - harrisons/smiths woolen flannel in light grey

Summer - H Lesser tropical in light grey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads