• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

scourage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
I tried on the Katahdins at LL Bean and found they ran TTS, an 11D for me. My Wolverine 1K Mile boots required a half size down to 10.5. The SA where I bought the Wolverines indicated that they can order half sizes in the original 1000 Mile boot.

thanks but i'm really wondering more about the width. If I need a wide in the katahdins will the 1k fit. how is their width compared to the bean. if the regulars in both are the same it prob won't work, but if the 1k mile is wider in general than maybe.

39sp492

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Got a pair of 1000 mile boots from wolverine recently and must say I am very impressed. I have only one question that you guys can probably help me out with. Does anybody know if it's possible to have rubber soles put on similar to the sole on the Red Wing GT or Alden Indy.
Something like the first picture here http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...1/go-commando/, not a complete resole, but just rubber on the front part of the boot. Anyone done anything like this to their 1000 miler or is it not even worth the trouble. I have no clue about this and I've been following these forums for a while and never posted, so here is my first attempt. You guys have proved invaluable with your knowledge so far, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmosolnik
Hey everyone. Got a pair of 1000 mile boots from wolverine recently and must say I am very impressed. I have only one question that you guys can probably help me out with. Does anybody know if it's possible to have rubber soles put on similar to the sole on the Red Wing GT or Alden Indy.
Something like the first picture here http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...1/go-commando/, not a complete resole, but just rubber on the front part of the boot. Anyone done anything like this to their 1000 miler or is it not even worth the trouble. I have no clue about this and I've been following these forums for a while and never posted, so here is my first attempt. You guys have proved invaluable with your knowledge so far, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction about this.

Many thanks,

http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=27064

Ask him

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scourage
thanks but i'm really wondering more about the width. If I need a wide in the katahdins will the 1k fit. how is their width compared to the bean. if the regulars in both are the same it prob won't work, but if the 1k mile is wider in general than maybe.
1K is definitely wider. I can't say exactly how much but wider for sure.

acarlton

Reaction score
Do you guys do anything to treat the sole of your 1k boots? I've been trying to find if I should be applying LP to the sole or not.

bobm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acarlton
Do you guys do anything to treat the sole of your 1k boots? I've been trying to find if I should be applying LP to the sole or not.

Others may disagree, but just walking on them would wear protection off, no?

Bob

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmosolnik

Many thanks,
JM

Some people here have had their 1Ks topied and are getting good results. I'm not sure about having a commando type sole similar to the Vibram 3359 or 2341 installed directly over the existing sole. Best advice there is to talk to a good cobbler and see what they say. I have a pair of 1Ks that need to be resoled and I know it's not a problem having them resoled commando style.

Originally Posted by acarlton

Are you a good hockey player? If you pull this off you'd better be one.

Originally Posted by bobm
Others may disagree, but just walking on them would wear protection off, no?

Bob

Not if you melt half a can of the stuff into the sole, which is possible but I wouldn't go there.

acarlton

Reaction score
hahaha, thanks. I just saw it mentioned a few places, and didn't know if it was common practice. To be honest, I probably just need to quit babying my boots and accept the fact that the soles are going to wear down.

auggie

Reaction score
I had to resole my 1k's and it was no biggie. The soles only lasted a year with heavy wear, probably 3 -4 times a week. I also walk about 3 km/day.

Gruntle

Reaction score
DSC00684.jpg

Black Addisons just arrived. I went a full size down and I can still wear them with heavy socks. Very comfortable out the box like the 1000 mile boot. both boots are great and will be in heavy rotation next year.

39sp492

Reaction score
Thanks so much! You guys are awesome here. Crane's, let me know how the resoling goes I'd like to see how they look after you get them worked on. THANKS!

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
I've been wearing my 1000 miles every single day since I got them in June, and the right boot is a million times softer than the left boot. The right boot is soft as all ****. I was wondering why this might be

Gruntle

Reaction score
I treated my black Addisons with 2 coats of Montana pitch blend last night, wore them about an hour today with my Roy slim fits. These boots look good with a tapered denim and are comfortable as hell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads