• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just buy uniqlo all you need for now

look at non baller sneak threak

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

No uniqlo where I'm at, should I just proxy what I need and hope it fits?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
thanks guys. I know my stuff is wack, so I appreciate you guys being helpful instead of just ridiculing me.

How do these vans look?
http://scene7.zumiez.com/is/image/zu..._detail_modal$

any recommendation for a sweater?

^those vans are fine.

Since you don't really have a direction, my advice is to go look at various fashion shows over the last few years, and figure out what you like. Then figure out why you like it. Then try to move your style in that direction with thought-out purchases.

some popular forum choices over the last couple of years that might be good places to start (but if you don't like it just look at other random shows: Wings+Horns, Patrik Ervell etc. Key is to find what you like.

And yeah, as Jet says, Uniqlo is your friend, i wish i lived near one.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another uninspiring mike868y fit. wondering what kind of footwear would go in a fit like this. I know the pants are mad long, getting them hemmed this week.

img0533cl.jpg

Maybe it's because you have your hangs in your pockets and that's throwing off your look a bit, but I think you could use a slimmer pant. Something like this seen here:

Originally Posted by dls6128
jELR3.jpg

Right now your pants look baggy, and a bit bland. Hemming them isn't going to make a drastic difference.

As for your sweater, it might look better with a coat over it. I know that sounds like I'm insulting your sweater, but I think a coat would tie things together a bit more.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
you can do a phone order
oh sweet, I didn't know that.
Originally Posted by hendrix
^those vans are fine. Since you don't really have a direction, my advice is to go look at various fashion shows over the last few years, and figure out what you like. Then figure out why you like it. Then try to move your style in that direction with thought-out purchases. some popular forum choices over the last couple of years that might be good places to start (but if you don't like it just look at other random shows: Wings+Horns, Patrik Ervell etc. Key is to find what you like. And yeah, as Jet says, Uniqlo is your friend, i wish i lived near one.
I'll check out some of those shows for sure. I've saved some of the fits on here that I've really liked (**** that makes me sound like a mad creeper) and they all seem to be workwear-esque. I'd like to not fall into that though as it seems played out right now and as a college kid I'm not actually out working in my workwear.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another uninspiring mike868y fit. wondering what kind of footwear would go in a fit like this. I know the pants are mad long, getting them hemmed this week.

Originally Posted by rapefruit
Leprechaun fit was better (4)

this is the same du?

Leprechaun fit crushes this latest fit.

Originally Posted by jet

do this

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Maybe it's because you have your hangs in your pockets and that's throwing off your look a bit, but I think you could use a slimmer pant. Something like this seen here: Right now your pants look baggy, and a bit bland. Hemming them isn't going to make a drastic difference. As for your sweater, it might look better with a coat over it. I know that sounds like I'm insulting your sweater, but I think a coat would tie things together a bit more.
Yeah the hands make it look bad. But I'm glad you made the comment about the slimmer pants. I generally wear pretty slim jeans, so hopefully when I post a fit with those it will look better. I'm probably going to pick up some slimmer chinos too as these are a little baggy for my tastes as well. What kind of coat do you think would look good? I had a black snowboarding coat on (it was cold today) but didn't take any fit pics with it as they didn't come out well).
Originally Posted by DLester
this is the same du? Leprechaun fit crushes this latest fit. do this
I never did a leprechaun fit. I did do an elf fit though.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mike, it's winter. Don't buy white sneakers right now. Trust me on this one - I have a lot of white sneakers. Buy those vans (or CP's, or whatever you decide on) this summer and wear them with cutoff shorts and drink punch and dance with girls and don't even think about it. Right now, 'tis the season for jeans and boots. Lurk B+S, there are some really good deals, and most of the sellers here are stand-up gents.

Buy boots instead. Buy slimmer pants, as well. Buy a slimmer sweater, if you like, because that one doesn't look good - American Eagle?. There's a thread with recommendations for pants, one for boots, and one for shoes. Follow Hendrix's advice. And get rid of the pumas.

There are lots of "non-ballers" on SF (dislike the phrase) who look incredibly good on a very regular basis, so don't worry about that.

Right now it looks like nothing fits you, which could be because it doesn't, or it could be because of the freshman 15. Either way, the better you look naked, the better you'll look in clothes. Nothing wrong with uniqlo janwz, boots, and a sweater + coat when you're a student, as long as it fits you. People are gonna tell you to buy margiela, RO, whatever - don't, unless you're sure you want it. The internet is a dangerous place, and nothing will look good until you learn what looks good on you.

Also - I would think about growing your hair out.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll check out some of those shows for sure. I've saved some of the fits on here that I've really liked (**** that makes me sound like a mad creeper) and they all seem to be workwear-esque. I'd like to not fall into that though as it seems played out right now and as a college kid I'm not actually out working in my workwear.
Bad workwear (Red Wings, chambray everything etc etc) was just as bad 2 years ago as it is now. The good **** remains just as good now as it was back then. If you like it, do it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never did a leprechaun fit. I did do an elf fit though.

thanks for clarification. Elf fit crushes current fit.

people are giving you good advice.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Mike, it's winter. Don't buy white sneakers right now. Trust me on this one - I have a lot of white sneakers. Buy those vans (or CP's, or whatever you decide on) this summer and wear them with cutoff shorts and drink punch and dance with girls and don't even think about it. Right now, 'tis the season for jeans and boots. Lurk B+S, there are some really good deals, and most of the sellers here are stand-up gents.

Buy boots instead. Buy slimmer pants, as well. Buy a slimmer sweater, if you like, because that one doesn't look good - American Eagle?. There's a thread with recommendations for pants, one for boots, and one for shoes. Follow Hendrix's advice. And get rid of the pumas.

There are lots of "non-ballers" on SF (dislike the phrase) who look incredibly good on a very regular basis, so don't worry about that.

Right now it looks like nothing fits you, which could be because it doesn't, or it could be because of the freshman 15. Either way, the better you look naked, the better you'll look in clothes. Nothing wrong with uniqlo janwz, boots, and a sweater + coat when you're a student, as long as it fits you. People are gonna tell you to buy margiela, RO, whatever - don't, unless you're sure you want it. The internet is a dangerous place, and nothing will look good until you learn what looks good on you.

Also - I would think about growing your hair out.

wow. so much good advice to digest. Thanks!

1) I asked for some Katahdins for christmas (gotta milk the christmas cow as long as I can). I knew I would need boots for walking around campus in the winter and a lot of people here seemed to like them. Hope they pass the waywt jury.
2) Slimmer pants are on my list (if I posted a fit with my jawnz fit I think you might say they are too tight)
3) Sweater is some random brand I got off yoox for like $30. It fits slimmer than most of my other tops, guess I need to start buying slimmer stuff.
4) you calling me fat?
frown.gif
I'm probably a little chubbier than I should be but I'm pretty short too so weight really shows on me. fwiw I race bikes and spend 15-20 hours a week training).
5) I've tried growing my hair out in the past but it turns into a "helmet" of hair (I'll see if I can find a pic). The best look I've found is a pretty short buzz cut (waiting until I go home for winter break to get it cut again).

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow. so much good advice to digest. Thanks! 1) I asked for some Katahdins for christmas (gotta milk the christmas cow as long as I can). I knew I would need boots for walking around campus in the winter and a lot of people here seemed to like them. Hope they pass the waywt jury. 2) Slimmer pants are on my list (if I posted a fit with my jawnz fit I think you might say they are too tight) 3) Sweater is some random brand I got off yoox for like $30. It fits slimmer than most of my other tops, guess I need to start buying slimmer stuff. 4) you calling me fat?
frown.gif
I'm probably a little chubbier than I should be but I'm pretty short too so weight really shows on me. fwiw I race bikes and spend 15-20 hours a week training). 5) I've tried growing my hair out in the past but it turns into a "helmet" of hair (I'll see if I can find a pic). The best look I've found is a pretty short buzz cut (waiting until I go home for winter break to get it cut again).

-Don't worry too much about the WAYWT "jury" a lot of it is photo skills and GIFT. However it's useful to make sure you've got your **** down. -If bad weight (fat) shows on you easily then good weight (muscle) will show on you easily as well. Get your diet in check and start lifting. -Try **** on before you buy it. -Uniqlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads