• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Double pleats, yes.

The OneTrouser, like the OneShoe, will not be absolute. I will need other trousers, too. Perhaps I'll wind up with a winter OneTrouser and a summer OneTrouser.

You actually stray from the OneShoe? Really? When was this?

sellahi22

Reaction score
Can't the same, or should, be said of shirts and shoes?

I like to have a variety of striped and checked shirts. Not guido stripes, but tasteful stripes from thomas mason, DJA, etc. Also I like to mix in some pink/lavender with my blues.

With shoes, I like to have oxfords, derbies, monks, and boots for different situations.

BH1

Reaction score
Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants

I felt like MP was the ONE dry cleaner I could trust. This is truly upsetting.

ffffuuuu.gif

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
I like to have a variety of striped and checked shirts. Not guido stripes, but tasteful stripes from thomas mason, DJA, etc. Also I like to mix in some pink/lavender with my blues.

With shoes, I like to have oxfords, derbies, monks, and boots for different situations.

I am considering a OneShirt or TwoShirts as we speak. I'm similarly considering a TwoShoes, but have yet to find a last that perfectly characterizes the shape I like. There is wisdom in this.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
I am considering a OneShirt or TwoShirts as we speak. I'm similarly considering a TwoShoes, but have yet to find a last that perfectly characterizes the shape I like. There is wisdom in this.
There is wisdom in this if you wear loudly patterned sportcoats to work. As it happens, I wear a suit or blazer or quiet sportcoat most of the time, and I prefer sober ties, so I use (subtly) patterned shirts to add some interest.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You actually stray from the OneShoe? Really? When was this?

A pair of black oxford is sometimes necessary or significantly more optimal.

That's all fine, but shirts still tend to act as backgrounds. When they don't, I tend to not like the outfit, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Am i the only person on the forum that thought the Oneshoe was ******* awesome?

frown.gif

There are like three of us.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
There is wisdom in this if you wear loudly patterned sportcoats to work. As it happens, I wear a suit or blazer or quiet sportcoat most of the time, and I prefer sober ties, so I use (subtly) patterned shirts to add some interest.

Well, you generally choose several variables to fix and some to alter. You've basically narrowed your tie and suit/sportscoat set, though not quite to OneTie/OneSuit/OneSC level, but you basically see the idea.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, you generally choose several variables to fix and some to alter. You've basically narrowed your tie and suit/sportscoat set, though not quite to OneTie/OneSuit/OneSC level, but you basically see the idea.

This is more or less what I do. My shirts, shoes, and trousers are pretty much constant. Only the jackets and ties really change.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
A pair of black oxford is sometimes necessary or significantly more optimal.

Noted. And I guess then there's also formal events. But say I picked a OneShoe that is like a black oxford, not longwings as I recall yours are....

I honestly started contemplating defining my own OneShoe as well after I noticed that I basically wore two of my shoes all the time and barely wore the rest. It was an act of brilliance.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So you don't wear suits every day (I thought you might as a lawyer or whatever mutation your new job is). I was thinking (9 1/2 weeks style) that a well-chosen suit would serve you better--a OneSuit.

On a side note, it appears there's a disturbance in teh Styleforvm... Vox/F. Corbera are both pulsating in the cyberspace of this threak...

sellahi22

Reaction score
Noted. And I guess then there's also formal events. But say I picked a OneShoe that is like a black oxford, not longwings as I recall yours are....

I honestly started contemplating defining my own OneShoe as well after I noticed that I basically wore two of my shoes all the time and barely wore the rest. It was an act of brilliance.

I think one needs a minimum of two shoes, a black oxford and some brown shoe. There are some situations when black is definitely too severe, and others when brown is definitely too informal.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
So you don't wear suits every day (I thought you might as a lawyer or whatever mutation your new job is). I was thinking (9 1/2 weeks style) that a well-chosen suit would serve you better--a OneSuit.

I wear suits most days. I would probably wear them everyday if I had more suits.

moddey

Reaction score
I picked up several pairs of Ambrosi trousers from my dry cleaners last week and noticed that the linings had all turned purple
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads