• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corter Leather Goods - Definitive Thread

niix

Reaction score
I like those bracelets, I think it would be cool if they had a little ship steering wheel logo imprinted on them too.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Back in stock! Corter Natural Utility Belts.

Corter Leather 14oz. Vegetable Tanned Leather Utility Belt in Natural - $45
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7998400
- Hand cut and hand sewn
- 1-1/2" wide, 3/16" thick
- 100% English bridle leather cowhide
- Brass with nickel plated roller buckle and hardware
- Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36
- Made in USA
7999402.1b.jpg
7999402.2b.jpg

7999402.3b.jpg
7999402.4b.jpg

Our latest Corter shipment included other goodies including rivet wallets and bracelets. More details on these will be up soon. We will have another Corter shipment coming soon with more belt restocks in other colors and styles.

denimnovice

Reaction score
how should we size for the belt? I'm a 31.5 natural waist. Should I go with the size 32?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimnovice
how should we size for the belt? I'm a 31.5 natural waist. Should I go with the size 32?

Add 2 from your normal denim size and if you are in between sizes size up. Example: Denim waist line measures 32 you should order a size 34 Corter belt, denim waist line measures 31 then size up to 34. This will be ideal for being in 2nd hole or middle hole of the 5 hole belt.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New leather wallets from Corter, 2 colors

Corter Leather Vegetable Tanned Snap Wallets - $130
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7998200
- Hand-cut, hand-sewn, oiled by hand
- 6-8oz English bridle leather cowhide
- Snap uses hand-aged nickel plated brass reproduction coin
- One size
- 2 colors: Vintage Tan or Black (Vintage Tan has been tanned for 7 days and oiled
- Made in USA
7998200.1b.jpg
7998200.2b.jpg

7998200.3b.jpg
7998200.4b.jpg

7998200.5b.jpg
7998200.6b.jpg

More information can be seen on our latest blogpost: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...le-tanned.html

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm quite interested in picking up a wallet and belt from Corter. Now I was just wondering if the natural leather items will just naturally fade darker through wear and tear. I heard of people tanning their natural leather items, is this necessary for fading or simply to get different of faster fade/tans?

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lesamourai
I'm quite interested in picking up a wallet and belt from Corter. Now I was just wondering if the natural leather items will just naturally fade darker through wear and tear. I heard of people tanning their natural leather items, is this necessary for fading or simply to get different of faster fade/tans?

Tanning darkens it faster, otherwise the leather is going to look very much like human skin for the first 3-6 months. It will darken naturally with wear though.

Make sure you oil it if you're tanning.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
Tanning darkens it faster, otherwise the leather is going to look very much like human skin for the first 3-6 months. It will darken naturally with wear though.

Make sure you oil it if you're tanning.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I'm planning on tanning it though, probably just good old wear.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corter spring deliveries are on the way:

cortermain.jpg

Later this month we will introduce a new leather belt design by Corter. This will be a hybrid between the 16oz premium leather belt and the 14oz utility belt that we currently stock. It is a more streamline design and it has already become my favorite from Corter so far. It will be available in sizes 28-36 (larger available by special order) and colors black or natural. Price will be around $55-$60. We will also be restocking other small leather goods by Corter like the bifold wallets and I-phone cases.

Approximate delivery date of March 21st. Further details available upond delivery.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As anyone heard from Eric @ corter recently? I purchased a belt and sent him a question via email and haven't really heard anything about either (got the paypal confirmation email though).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics