• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actual Shoe Damage

Reborn

Reaction score

Shoe tree seems to have taken its toll on my innards.

How/where do I go about fixing this?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i dont think that occurred because of your shoe trees. it is most likely your heel bone that caused that. it happens to some of my cheaper leathered shoes. nothing you can really do but take preventive measures i put a piece of scotch tape over that area which hits my bone and it minimizes the wear and tear over some time.

Groover

Reaction score
I've never seen a shoe tree do that. The wear is most likely caused by heel slippage, no matter how minor, over a period of time.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would hit it with some conditioner and just get shoe trees that fit better and then let it be.
The+Beatles+Let+It+Be.jpg

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
it happens to some of my cheaper leathered shoes.

BTW- these are C&J boots for Brooks Brothers. Just got their first dainite resole after 2 years of wear.

Jay

Reaction score
I use heel liners to prevent heel damage. You can get them at Target for about $5.

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yeah.
i noticed they were peal.
im saying my experience is with some cheap shoes i bought

C&J said it's a relatively easy repair and I should bring them by for their cobbler to fix. Not sure what their solution will be but I'll be sure to post up the results.

Reborn

Reaction score
Went to C&J today and decided I was going to continue to wear them until it becomes a comfort issue.

Originally Posted by rebel222
They are going to glue some leather on top of the wear.

C&J said they would fix it next time I need a resole. When you send the shoe back to the factory and there is heel wear like this, they sew a chamois liner into the inside back half of the boot.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but they probably won't be able to sew it. To sew into the interior lining, they will either have to separate the interior lining from the exterior or the stitching will come out the back side of the boot (not going to happen).

Unless someone at the factory told you this, instead of the retail store, I would take this with a grain of salt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads