• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E Tautz online shop opened

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andreyb2
Sorry if this has been reported before: E Tautz online shop opened.

http://www.etautz.com/shop/

Everything is quite pricy... though some colours and patterns are unique.

Andrey

Are you surprised Taitz is pricey?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two hundred quid for an off the rack shirt.!!

He's losing the plot.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Perhaps he should focus on actually delivering his bespoke customers' clothes before opening up an outrageously overpriced online boutique.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Two hundred quid for an off the rack shirt.!!

He's losing the plot.

A bit...
laugh.gif

He os obsessed with Tautz...

That's his baby...

I have a Norton bespoke suit and it is very nice...

David Ward is a great tailor...

It is a bad omen he left for Huntsman...

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A bit...
laugh.gif
He os obsessed with Tautz... That's his baby... I have a Norton bespoke suit and it is very nice... David Ward is a great tailor... It is a bad omen he left for Huntsman...

Well, the thing is you can get a plain white Oxford cotton shirt from anywhere at a fraction of the price. If the shirt was in some fancy weave or pattern like a limited edition Liberty print, or had 'Dandyish' type detailing I could maybe just go along with it. It looks as though he'd just trading off the name, however, hoping that'll do the business. That's not a good long term strategy. What a let down.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the thing is you can get a plain white Oxford cotton shirt from anywhere at a fraction of the price.

If the shirt was in some fancy weave or pattern like a limited edition Liberty print, or had 'Dandyish' type detailing I could maybe just go along with it. It looks as though he'd just trading off the name, however, hoping that'll do the business. That's not a good long term strategy.

What a let down.

He is like your avatar George...He loves dinosaur with a lot of past history and no future...

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hear that the line is doing well at Barney's.

If you think about it, the only competition for the Tautz line in the United States for RTW done in the English style is Polo...but RL Purple Label is now thoroughly Italianized, meaning that one would have to go down market in the Ralph Lauren offerings to hit Brittanic pay dirt. And when you do, the orientation is very country on the town and country spectrum.

The question is: do Americans like English style and are enough willing to pay for an expensive and city RTW version of it?

GlenCoe

Reaction score
200 for a shirt is not that overpriced. Just bit over London standard

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is like your avatar George...He loves dinosaur with a lot of past history and no future...
I understand the need to branch out into RTW, to get market penetration. Today's RTW customer is, potentially, tomorrows Bespoke customer. I notice Rubinacci are doing similar. ...but, that collection is so bloody bland, uninspiring and expensive. What young blade is going to wear that. It's like Gieves & Hawkes on Tamazepam. Very disappointing.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two hundred quid for an off the rack shirt.!!......He's losing the plot.

Earlier this week, Harrods had a fashion pre-Sale on. If you signed up for a free loyalty card, many of the men’s fashion items were available with a discount of 30 %. You could have got yourself the entire Tautz (or Rubinacci) range stocked at Harrods with 30 % off. Just wait for the Sale after Christmas: Tautz will be available at 50 % off.

The Tautz Project reminds me of Lady Bamford’s vanity project (Bamford & Son), now defunct. They had some really nice stuff, outrageously expensive and they had to flog most of it in the Sale (with up to 70 % discount). I pulled some really nice stuff out of that shop during the Sale. Best buy were two cashmere intarsia sweaters, which I found in T K Maxx at GBP 40.00, which was some 10 % of the original price. Those Tautz cashmere sweaters are really nice. Well, I have patience, I can wait ’til they turn up in T K Maxx.

I think, it is impossible at the moment to launch a luxury brand, which is not an established designer label. It’s not only Bamford & Son, but also Conolly, Gieves (the fashionable collection) and Kilgore (RTW) that have gone to the wall.

P.S. Also Asprey couldn't make it with a fashion collection. Again, nice stuff was to be had in the Sales.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It will be interesting knowing how well Huntsman's RTW is doing....

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting knowing how well Huntsman's RTW is doing....
Well, that's another strange one. You can get bespoke in London for the price of Huntsman RTW. You must really want the Huntsman look to shell out that kind of dough on a RTW facsimile.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Earlier this week, Harrods had a fashion pre-Sale on. If you signed up for a free loyalty card, many of the men's fashion items were available with a discount of 30 %. You could have got yourself the entire Tautz (or Rubinacci) range stocked at Harrods with 30 % off. Just wait for the Sale after Christmas: Tautz will be available at 50 % off. The Tautz Project reminds me of Lady Bamford's vanity project (Bamford & Son), now defunct. They had some really nice stuff, outrageously expensive and they had to flog most of it in the Sale (with up to 70 % discount). I pulled some really nice stuff out of that shop during the Sale. Best buy were two cashmere intarsia sweaters, which I found in T K Maxx at GBP 40.00, which was some 10 % of the original price. Those Tautz cashmere sweaters are really nice. Well, I have patience, I can wait 'til they turn up in T K Maxx. I think, it is impossible at the moment to launch a luxury brand, which is not an established designer label. It's not only Bamford & Son, but also Conolly, Gieves (the fashionable collection) and Kilgore (RTW) that have gone to the wall. P.S. Also Asprey couldn't make it with a fashion collection. Again, nice stuff was to be had in the Sales.
Do you play golf?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics