• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvatore Ferragamo - Anyone know this shoe model?

SFA

Reaction score
So I grabbed myself a somewhat early present, for which I am thinking is a decent deal. I did a little bit of research and found out the salvatore ferragamo "Studio" line is the glued low-quality line.

Can anyone tell what shoe model is this? There is no indication on anywhere of the shoe what style/model this is. Are these of decent quality?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's not 100% clear - definetley not the top-tier Tramezza line. Usually the mid-tier Lavariozione Originale line is stamped as such on the bottom of the shoes. This looks like it may be something from the studio line, and that would go hand in hand with the rubber soles instead of leather.

The only reason I'm not 100% sure is because there appears to be stitching on the outer edge of the soles. An easy way to check if it's blake-stitched is to run your finger along the inside of the shoe - see if you can feel the stitching.

For $250 CDN it may be a decent deal regardless, but it depends on how patient you are for deals online and how picky you are.

SFA

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply FidelCashFlow. You probably know how difficult it is to get any decent shoe up here north. I know for sure there is stitching outside of the sole, and I just checked underneath the insole and there is also stitching.

I picked these SF specifically for the rubber sole (which is a tiny bit comfortable compared to my other leather soled shoes - Johnston Murhphys).

My feet are specifically really wide, and my sizes vary. These SF are a size 8.5 EE, but I normally wear a size 9 (and even 9.5 in the johnston murphys), so I don't know if it would be a good idea I buy shoes online.

Anyone else know what model/line these shoes could be?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find the mid tier Ferragamos to be a bit overpriced. I like the tramezza line, they look like a pretty solid product. Make sure that you also buy the lasted shoe trees.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
mid-tier Lavariozione Originale line

Judging by the design of the logo in the insole, they are the L.O. Studio shoes will have the Ferragamo name in script and "Studio" printed beneath.

satorstyle

Reaction score
It is from the Original line which is above the Studio and below the Lavorazione Originale models. The Original line has models with both rubber and leather soles, they should be Blake stitched. That particular model I think was called the Wonder and was offered in both leather and rubber soles. New they were about 470-480, not a bad all weather shoe.

SFA

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies above.

Just bumping this up for the monday/morning crew if anyone knows anymore.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Some people say there are four lines of Ferragamo (from best to worst):
(1) Tramezza
(2) Lavorazione Originale
(3) Mainline (satorstlye refered to this as "Original" which may be the correct Ferragamo terminology but I've generally seen it described here as "mainline")
(4) Studio

I've seen others say that there are three lines (combining Lavorazione Originale and Mainline/Original). I'm not sure which is correct.

Yours are not Tramezza or Studio. They are from the mainline. They don't say "Lavorazione Originale but they may be L.O. if L.O. is indeed the same as mainline as some suggest.

I don't know the model name. If you want this info you can call a Ferragamo store and give them the numbers printed inside the shoe and they should be able to help you.

SFA

Reaction score
tjc4golf - Thanks for the reply. Your info definitely helps.

I am just after a decent quality shoe, and it looks like this one since it has a sole which is stitched, would be fixable/replaceable when the time comes.

I think for $250 I got a decent deal.. it is a hell a lot better than paying the retail (which is usually $550 - $800 in the usual stores we have - Harry Rosen, Holt).

I think it is a decent compromise for me. I cannot shop online for shoes, unless I know the specific size and shoe model that I am 100% confident on.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I've always thought of the L.O. and O (if there is really a difference) as just "mainline" and would usually consider a leather sole a little higher quality and worth a little more. Those are definitely somewhere in the mainline, as the Studio and Tramezza are each readily identified as such.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SFA
tjc4golf - Thanks for the reply. Your info definitely helps.

I am just after a decent quality shoe, and it looks like this one since it has a sole which is stitched, would be fixable/replaceable when the time comes.

I think for $250 I got a decent deal.. it is a hell a lot better than paying the retail (which is usually $550 - $800 in the usual stores we have - Harry Rosen, Holt).

I think it is a decent compromise for me. I cannot shop online for shoes, unless I know the specific size and shoe model that I am 100% confident on.

They're quality shoes that can be resoled and, with proper care, should last you for a long time. $250 is a fair price.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got a bargain. There are lots of tempting online bargains, but fit is a total crapshoot if you have wide feet. Remember: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

Enjoy!

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so as long as it's not labeled as "studio" then is it safe to assume the shoes have the blake stitched soles?

llltronlll

Reaction score

so as long as it's not labeled as "studio" then is it safe to assume the shoes have the blake stitched soles?

Bumping this age old thread to get an answer to this question. ^

However, it does seem like most of the Tramezza line has goodyear welted soles. I am asking in regards to the Mainline/Original and Lavorazione Originale line of shoes.

Ivon

Reaction score
Code:
I believe Tramezza shoes are GY welted and LO shoes are Blake as a general rule. This is an older thread, I don't recognize the line that shoe is from, but the model is very similar to LO Novaxy, I bought two pair in 2006ish, but mine have leather soles. I still have mine, they are great shoes, I think I paid about $350ish at Harry Rosen for them, I believe they were about $595 full pop back then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads