• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
bzzzt wrong
maybe you just need better taste
biggrin.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike seeing celebs in RO/julius/CCP etc

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughter and her class are 'immigrating through Ellis Island' today, and I'm going in to help. They said we can dress in costume if we want. I'm not sure what that means, so I am just going to wear my normal clothes.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
My daughter and her class are 'immigrating through Ellis Island' today, and I'm going in to help. They said we can dress in costume if we want. I'm not sure what that means, so I am just going to wear my normal clothes.

can't wait for the fallout ^

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
Taylor Swift. I actually really like lots of female country crossover artists, and she's no exception (0). There's something honest and almost organic about blatant, no-apologies romantic pop.
She is literally signed to a label called Big Machine Records. I've heard chiptunes that were more honest and organic. But no hate, like what you like, a lot of the music I like is pretty dumb too.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. edit: That came out grumpier and meaner than I thought it would. Hendrix, you're all right in my book, and Taylor Swift has certain angles that work for her as well.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny, since they wear that **** to be distinguishable from the masses. Not because they actually respect the brand. Or they have stylists that dress them head to toe....

moron

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....could this be the answer to bitter mid-western winters??
Isabel-Mastache-penis_pouch.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
funny, since they wear that **** to be distinguishable from the masses. Not because they actually respect the brand. Or they have stylists that dress them head to toe....

moron

Lolz. I'd insult you back for your goobish ways, but let's not **** up RFT.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

moron

How do you know? How would Brad Pitt even know who Carol Christian Poell was if he wasn't interested in the clothes? Celebrities are real people you know, some of them have hobbies, a select few of those hobbies are not cocaine.

And isn't part of the fun of the "dark avant-garde" wardrobe (to which, I'd argue, neither of those adjectives apply) standing out from the crowd? At least for some practitioners?

And why would "respect for" or "loyalty to" any brand be a good thing? And don't you violate your own principles by wearing Julius and whatever else with brands like All Saints?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What i'm curious about is whether anyone shares Lane's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads