• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by veloaudio
Anyone order the shirt jacket from Tres Bien before? Looks like they do their sizing different from SW (TTS vs slim).

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/c...hirt-olive.php

With the 20% sale and less VAT the total comes to just under $300. $100 off the SW price but a lot more of a pain to return if I get sizing wrong.

Does sw still have the down shirt? I think you're confusing products.

Originally Posted by Find Finn
It look a lot like this special ed. Present sells.
http://www.present-london.com/cresce...wn-vest-olive/

There is no such thing as a special ed unless they use some kind of limited run wool etc. They also do some deerskin (i almost bought a tan deerskin vest) but none of the 60/40s, streakfree or ripstops are limited and you can order at any time.

Chip

Reaction score
SW has the olive 60/40 down shirt. This runs more slim/true to size right?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I don't see the down shirt on the site.

Alright so I spent some time at the shop though I didn't try anything on lol. The down vest and sweater made for sw ARE less puffy due to less down as adam had correctly observed. I didn't know anything about this but they were far too puffy before, now they are more in line with our sensibilities. This is why the down sweater looked so good on me but I digress. The montagnas run about two sizes big, I think he said the california one did also since it's based on that. Size down one on the down jackets, vests, sweaters as I've been saying in this thread. I think the down shirt is pretty true to size since it's more of a underlayer like a shirt. The sw stuff also has other small features not found in anyone else's orders which is what I like about them (in addition to liking the small mods themselves).

Also there will be a small surprise which I will tell you guys about later, not a huge deal but nice.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get the down parka in green. TBS eff up my order and said they don't have the one u ordered.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nativebelle
jet, is SW going to stock any heavier CDW stuff? I'm in the NY metro area and need something that keeps me warm in 10/20 degree weather, and am not sure if the hooded sweatshirt is substantial enough (8 oz. of 650 down).
Thought the down hooded sweatshirt comes in 11 oz ? Never mind read JET post saying SW had less down

j.b.20002

Reaction score
Just got a CDW down parka in the mail from Tres Bien...and...it fits very much true to size, which is good for me! In addition to the VAT free price, they've got a 20% off all outerwear sale going on right now, which means a 40% discount AND free international shipping. The parka was still a little pricey, but it's beautiful. Check it out.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j.b.20002
Just got a CDW down parka in the mail from Tres Bien...and...it fits very much true to size, which is good for me! In addition to the VAT free price, they've got a 20% off all outerwear sale going on right now, which means a 40% discount AND free international shipping. The parka was still a little pricey, but it's beautiful. Check it out.

Bought the olive in a small and it went trough. Then they email me today saying it was sold out. No more smalls in the website. Fak. If your is a small and u don't want it message me

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
that doesn't equal 40 off dork

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j.b.20002
lol. math isnt your best subject is it?

nativebelle

Reaction score
Got my black hooded sweater - it is fire. Pics when I'm done with exams and at home. It's very well made, leather reinforcements are just awesome, hood is definitely official to keep the winter wind out, and the weight is what I needed. Not arctic gear, but wool under this with maybe something to break the wind over it when it's real cold is fine for NYC metro area for the most part.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
now we can be twins

i like the leather cord stays too

nativebelle

Reaction score
yeah the cord stays are great, the length is just right, proportions great. sucks that it's so much money (for me) but i guess you have to pay for outerwear, really can't see much competition against this anyway. all the patagonia, et al down stuff is half the price but definitely second rate. hard to find smart-looking down.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
the brass snaps are exclusive too but you gotta remember you'll have that jacket forever

i'll post my vests when they come, thing i love about the sw ones are he did away with the cheap ass zipper they use

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ +1 on the zipper.

Which vests did you order?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads