• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Anyone try waxing their suede boots??????????

I might buy some black ones and wax them with obeanuaf or snosneal.

IMG_1335.jpg

Uh what are these, they are beautiful!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone buy the davidz grey jawns yet?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just ordered the saddle leather in grey. I won't be getting them until I fly home for X-Mas in a week though. I'll be sure to post pics when I do...

Classickid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Yes, got to break them in.

Was wondering if anyone might be interested in a pair of size 9 Matte Black nubuck DB's from the davidz collab. Good condition, upper leather is great w/ contrast. Sole dirty of course -- $90 shipped

90 shipped is over retail, and if they have dirty bottoms then thats very unreasonable.

http://www.davidz.com/products2.cfm/...te-Black-Boot/

nghiem

Reaction score
I got the greys a week ago. Been wearing them lightly but they're nice and will age well over time. My friend had a photoshoot and I volunteered to model a bit and wore them.

cC7dq.png

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Anyone try waxing their suede boots??????????

I might buy some black ones and wax them with obeanuaf or snosneal.

IMG_1335.jpg

what color is the one on the right?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nghiem
I got the greys a week ago. Been wearing them lightly but they're nice and will age well over time. My friend had a photoshoot and I volunteered to model a bit and wore them.

cC7dq.png

are those leather laces? if so, what color? i've grey boots too and i'm thinking of buying grey laces or dark blue or light blue one's to mix it up.

nghiem

Reaction score
Yeah, I swapped the normal laces with grey leather ones that they came with. I dig the leather ones a lot more.

dls6128

Reaction score
Got a pair of unworn Clarks in brown suede (size 10) that I'm selling for $70 shipped here.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
quick question....do you guys go down half size or full size from your regular size for these? Thanks

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Consensus seems to be Chucks sizing. Found it to be somewhat tight and uncomfortable but have been told by many that these will stretch a lot.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Yeah I just ordered the saddle leather in grey. I won't be getting them until I fly home for X-Mas in a week though. I'll be sure to post pics when I do...
lucky you. i was debating on whether to get the olive green or the grey color for myself. I have a same question though. I wear a size 8. I've bought a pair of Clarks DB in 8 before and they fit fine, there was about 1/2 inch of room in the toe box but it was narrow enough to fit good. I don't think I should buy 7.5 and stretch them out, it'll deform the shape of the shoes improperly. Any thoughts anyone?

tunnelno5

Reaction score
my beeswax desert boots just recently got a crease on the outer ankle of the boot. now everytime i walk, that part of the shoe where the crease is gives out, SO UNCOMFY. anyone else have this experience? will they get comfier after more wear of the overall shoe? my first leather shoe so don't have much experience with this. thanks

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone comment on the quality of the clarks bushacre? It it safe to assume its the same crap? Futhermore, would anyone here favour it over the traditonal crepe sole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads