• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
have torn a MMM clay-dyed tee because of the tag. But I will never cut the tags off.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
dog you gotta lay off the white drinks raz has you sipping i check out their stuff every season only to be disappointed by the mediocrity
Just curious, how long have you been checking them out? You know, before I call bullshit.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Remind me again what Theory's earnings have to do with Rag & Bone's quality?

1+1= grapefruit?

rag&bone in an interview said they are learning finances from theory. so if theory is doing terribly and that's what they teach rag&bone ... no point in bothering with a drunkard anymore it's ok honey you look great in your MIC knits
inlove.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
here is theory stock go throw all your money at them for all i care
Well at least it's trending upward, but that is one weird chart. Wonder if fashion labels generally look like that over the past 3-4 years.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Well at least it's trending upward, but that is one weird chart. Wonder if fashion labels generally look like that over the past 3-4 years.
that's a good question i'm sure many have suffered to some extent in the past 2-3 years

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
rag&bone in an interview said they are learning finances from theory. so if theory is doing terribly and that's what they teach rag&bone
Be honest, do you have Asperger's?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Be honest, do you have Asperger's?
just a portrait of Hans
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Shah...You must also be aware that Margiela is owned by Diesel...lol
do you like the new stuff as much as the older collections ?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one does, but are you going to stop buying? How much old Margiela do you have? How much new Marg do you have? How much do you actually care? As far as MMM goes, Martin has been out of it for a while so it's a moot point, my point is, by your logic we should avoid MMM because it's owned by a sketchy company. You have a contradiction here though since we all know you buy current MMM/no one gives a **** and will continue buying MMM for both the designs and for the name.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
No one does, but are you going to stop buying? How much old Margiela do you have? How much new Marg do you have? How much do you actually care?
aside from some white sneakers, yes. i'd rather get older raf anyway--have one on the way from paris now. i don't have any current mmm, sold it all immediately after arrival

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude just stop. Rag and Bone is great right now. I don't know what you saw at the sample sale but I would pick up a very large amount of the current FW collection.

This whole argument is stupid but I really like Rag and Bones stuff right now.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
financial ties is speculative?

ps. nice on the s/s heads up
smile.gif

Any correlation between the financial health of a company and the quality of its products are entirely spurious, one way or the other.

do you like the new stuff as much as the older collections ?

Margiela has been owned by the Diesel Group since 2002. It's unlikely that you have seen very much from before then.

Being partnered with a company with deep pockets can actually allow designers to do a lot more than they could otherwise. Not to say that I know anything about the relationship between Rag&Bone and Theory, financially or creatively.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Agreed on the second part. Let;s all go r&b kopkopkopping !!!

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Strange thing is, this is one of the few guys I know who's into clothing and actually looks well-dressed most of the time.
yeah, sounds like one of these fastidious type A dressers who need to nail down every last detail (cf. MC, fuckyeahmenswear, etc.) as for r&b. simmer down. whodini/LA Guy, the item in question was just a silk/cotton crewneck. Seemed kind of fragile, so I asked. Haven't seen in person, but what I have seen in person for the last kind of seasons has seemed kind of pedestrian, but maybe that's what they're going for. Coarser wools, tufty sweaters, hard as nails thick cotton chore coats, etc. They do continue to have some unusually interesting jean washes (e.g. disgusting whitish stonewash 80s throwback). Anyway, please advise about the top. oh yeah and nicelynice, if you're still intent on kopping your gf some schneider stuff from the gray market, there are some absolutely dope zip-up one piece dresses i found. should still be available, PM for deets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads