• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hendrix

Had the dye in my hand and everything (10)

Been thinking about how much I like black suede, lol

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got rid of the flex welt sole as it's pretty crap

They are just normal chukkas

Im still thinking about it anyway haha

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the chukkas are pretty boring and seeming incongruent with what you are going for next in your style. I think the dying could be pretty cool, especially if it ends up splotchy and you get some awesome texture/colouring. Just do it!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
kelvin,
absolutely right. not sure what i was expecting. I just hoped $500 sneakers looked objectively awesome, no matter what they were paired with. i had never seen them in the wild before. was not the case.
He was also a filthy looking hipster, which didn't help matters.

That's bc mids are garbage.

NN has mentioned the stitches a few times, I don't cut them bc they're dope and doing so is dumb.

I wonder when we're going to stop hearing about aeglus krane jacket.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
saw a dude on the subway today kitted out in diors and MMM Gat Mids. He looked completely unremarkable and boring.

lol sounds like this could be me.....

except for the obvious fact that I don't subway.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That's bc mids are garbage.

NN has mentioned the stitches a few times, I don't cut them bc they're dope and doing so is dumb.

I wonder when we're going to stop hearing about aeglus krane jacket.

suit yourself, I like the mids.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
61710CollarFlip_2406Web.jpg
"Collar flip Did you know that this is a real thing? All over sartorial Japan (at least in the Classic Italian sub-genre) guys flip their shirt collar to appear more nonchalant. Even the shops display the shirts with the collars flipped."

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
How is Rag & Bone quality these days? Downhill slide, I assume?
Considering they don't just make t-shirts, it depends on the type of garment you're talking about. In general, their collection is pretty well-made but I think it's their outerwear where they really shine.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate losing auctions. That's what you get when you lowball.

Word. I lost the bid on this big down coat with fur hood I was going to use as my cold weather arctic gear. That one hurts more than most since I know it'll affect me more than just in steeze.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
How is Rag & Bone quality these days? Downhill slide, I assume?
well since theory is backing them with money and/or bought them things been suspect ....... also there was nothing good at the sample sale in chelsea market. fortunately 9th St Espresso makes up for that

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
well since theory is backing them with money and/or bought them things been suspect ....... also there was nothing good at the sample sale in chelsea market. fortunately 9th St Espresso makes up for that
"Suspect?" What the hell are you talking about? Once Theory bought them they were able to move just about everything in-house. Keep in mind, prior to '07 their main focus was denim. Since then, they've done collabs with Grenson, Loro Piana, Martin Greenfield, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads