• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woah forum is moving super fast today. let's see A Fellow Linguist AFL, looks interesting. your hair is doing something cool. did the sock tuck trend just blow up on here over the last week, or am i dreaming? were we all silently waiting to do it, then synthese opened the floodgates? red wings these continue to suck nicelynice Fur is cool, but I will never be able to get behind the Ditas and the unshaved thing. Makes you look 1000x more cartoonish. THERE I SAID IT. i know this is forgiveable because you're in JP and everyone is like OMGCOOL, but we are holding you to an international standard on this forum. Edit: don't you find the heattech to make you really sweaty and smelly? Miscellany i just came home and ate a whole bar of chocolate in order to balance out the fact that I had a totally unremarkable bibimbap tonight.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

I almost always tuck into my nicos for exactly the reason you state. If you think I'm anti-tuck in general then you didn't get my point.

laugh.gif
didn't you read the "/end whodini discussion" part? that bit about boot-tucks in general wasn't directed at you.

Anyway, my reasoning behind the sock tuck is threefold: I think wool has a nice texture (so yes, maybe it is that I think socks are that cool), especially when it's up against other faded fabrics; I think it is a fun way of breaking up the lower part of an outfit, as it adds contrast (and in my mind, mitigates the dangers of stumpy-leg syndrome [unless you're stumpy]); and three, for some reason it inexplicably reminds me of the finns. And possibly moomintrolls on skis.

An added bonus is that everyone can see how your your little toes are.

Like you said, diff'rent strokes

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
fito.jpg

+J (I want to shorten sleeves but read somewhere that Jil jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves?)
Uniqlo
APC
Wolverine

Ascots?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
laugh.gif
didn't you read the "/end whodini discussion" part? that bit about boot-tucks in general wasn't directed at you.

Anyway, my reasoning behind the sock tuck is threefold: I think wool has a nice texture (so yes, maybe it is that I think socks are that cool), especially when it's up against other faded fabrics; I think it is a fun way of breaking up the lower part of an outfit, as it adds contrast (and in my mind, mitigates the dangers of stumpy-leg syndrome [unless you're stumpy]); and three, for some reason it inexplicably reminds me of the finns. And possibly moomintrolls on skis.

An added bonus is that everyone can see how your your little toes are.

Like you said, diff'rent strokes

Lawrence_of_Arabia.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Maybe we should tell tweens to show off their training bra straps so as to break up and add contrast to the top of their fit...
confused.gif
I think the older members, for the most part, have enough of a sense of humor to be taking risks both in public as well as in posting pics on here. It'll come in handy a few months/years down the line when someone digs up their photos and puts them side by side with Don Johnson's rolled up Miami Vice cuffs.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I told my gf to try this coat on for fun, she ended up really liking it and trying to steal it. Then after I took it back she said she wants to get one. I said that's not exactly very possible, and she looked confused and just said 'it's from uniqlo isn't it?' better pics of that last one, sucks that it's so hard to pick up details on black (my go-to fit for winter, jacket is amazing):
tumblr_ldatsaU6Ws1qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_ldatsnqC791qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_ldatszaCmE1qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_ldatxfAmgL1qbmp06.jpg

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys must be lucky the only person i've ever seen wearing gentlemen travelers around here is me. all the guys here wear trainers or those square toed dress shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads