• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Pretty bummed. Actually, really bummed. Just called LS and don't have my size in the Cigar Indys anymore. I had my fingers crossed that an 8.5D was available. WHY?!?!?!

Tom, is there any way I can get on a pre-order for these? I know they don't come in that often, but I would be willing to wait on a pre-order.

Sorry bout that. Sorry, just can't take a preorder on those. It's hard to explain...

Originally Posted by JonB27
I'm thinking about buying an Alden #8 shell belt, any opinions on them? Tom, do you sell them at the Beverly Hills location?

Great investment. I would highly recommend them. Not sure if Bryan has them in stock. You should give him a call. (310)248-2399. They come in two different widths, 30mm (dress) and 35mm (casual).

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Sorry bout that. Sorry, just can't take a preorder on those. It's hard to explain...

No worries Tom. I think the explanation is fairly easy, however, no explanation is needed.

Will just have to keep an eye out.

shasta

Reaction score
Hey Tom - do you guys have stock on the attorney shoe? Also wondering about cigar longwings. Thanks!

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Hey Tom - do you guys have stock on the attorney shoe? Also wondering about cigar longwings. Thanks!

Sold out of the Attorney shoe here in Hawaii but I believe Bryan has a few at LSBH. Try giving him a call or shooting him an email.

No cigar longwings at either store.

arrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ckadds
I missed the unionmade trunkshow yesterday and was wondering if anyone had pictures of what they are offering for their spring alden collection. Thanks in advance.

The first Alden Trunkshow at Unionmade turned out a success. It was pretty cool meeting Nate (from Alden) and big-ups to the staff for the drinks and festivities. Peterock, Jason and I were there before the crowd showed up so Nate gave us a cool slideshow with pics of the manufacturing process and some of their vintage machines. He brought with him an original Indy Boot from the 70's and an Alden shoe from the 30's. When we started talking about the need to take pics, Nate acted a bit hesitant so we just focused on enjoying the moment. There are a lot of upcoming Unionmade x Alden collabs but I'll let Jason give the proper introductions when the time comes. During the night, additional exciting ideas came about (Jason x Arrow x Peterock brainstorming) and Nate volunteered to be the ambassador when he pitches it to Art (Alden President). Stay tuned...

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot
1950.jpg

Albatross

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
if your sliding its too big

It's just tough to believe I'm a full size down in these shoes. The inside of the boot measures almost exactly 12 inches and my foot is 11.5. So I guess it's only about half an inch. Since I've already worn them, even though it was honestly once from the car to my desk, they have creases in the leather so returning isn't an option--and selling seems annoying and tough unless someone wants to toss me $400 quickly. Anyways, would it be a bad idea to put in a pair of decent insoles and live with it since the width and everything else feels perfect? Honestly, it's my first pair of Alden's and I plan on keeping them for a while.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by colins
I don't get how the hell Context gets away with charging almost 14% more than Winn Perry for almost the same boot, save for the last and edge trim
ffffuuuu.gif

Actually I believe WP's price is an old price. They probably haven't updated it this year. The real price should be closer to Context's.

colins

Reaction score
Actually I believe WP's price is an old price. They probably haven't updated it this year. The real price should be closer to Context's.

Thanks for clarifying, Tom. I also just shot WP an email to confirm since I've been considering these for a while.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold out of the Attorney shoe here in Hawaii but I believe Bryan has a few at LSBH. Try giving him a call or shooting him an email.

No cigar longwings at either store.

What's the attorney shoe...does anyone have a picture?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the name of the Indy boot, before Indiana Jones?

JonB27

Reaction score
Great investment. I would highly recommend them. Not sure if Bryan has them in stock. You should give him a call. (310)248-2399. They come in two different widths, 30mm (dress) and 35mm (casual).

Thanks! I'm going to be in the area this week, so I'll just drop by...

William S.

Reaction score
Please don't crucify me as I'm certain this question has been asked and answered several times; but try as I might I haven't found the thread (of course I've used the search function
wink.gif
). Could someone tell me what the difference is between the Alden 403s and 405s ? I just picked up a pair of "original" 403s with cotton duck lining and was curious as to the differences between them and the 405s.

Thanks in advance for any info or links to a previous thread.

Kind regards,

Will S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads