• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge : Grey Matters - WHO DID IT BEST? VOTE!!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BARON:

Originally Posted by Baron

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

THREADBEARER:

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Topcoat.jpg
Leaning-4.jpg

Closeup-48.jpg

SPOOPOKER:

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
460a0b42.jpg

11d47c7f.jpg

click below for color version

f15817d0.jpg

NOBD:

Originally Posted by NOBD
iiwaywrngreymatters.gif

TTO:

Originally Posted by TTO

HOLDFAST:

Originally Posted by Holdfast

dec10006.jpg

MBREININ:

Originally Posted by MBreinin
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-1.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-2.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-3.JPG

PANDARTS:

Originally Posted by PandArts

Fit_121010_01.jpg

Fit_121010_02.jpg

Fit_121010_03.jpg

JPQ:

Originally Posted by JPQ
WAYWRN101210.jpg

PARKER:

Originally Posted by Parker
gray1.jpg

gray2.jpg

gray3.jpg

AEGLUS:

Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_ld8xot6hKm1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_ld8xqo7yxp1qbmp06.jpg

MR.CLAYMORE:

Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
1122030768_yZY3j-L.png

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No AlanC, OldDog or Lufty this week, Oh well, I suppose everyone is busy at this time of year...Mike for the win this week I think.
cheers.gif
surprisingly, boring becomes you sir, just don't do it to often I preffer the
ffffuuuu.gif
you!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me its between Spoo, Mike, TB, Parker, and Aeg. Haven't decided who yet (I'm a prude remember, I only vote once). I just hope the winner this week realizes that the Friday they will choose for is Christmas Eve...a Holiday themed Challenge?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i criticized Spoo on his shoe choices on the original thread, but based on his entire body of work and other entries, i thought he was the winner. Brought in Mrs Niidawg to provide an independent assessment and she went with Spoo too at first glance ... lol.

She's feeling your boring swagger Spoo ... i'm mad jealous
rotflmao.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
What's in your hand? Is that some kind of trigger for the camera?

Yes, the remote:

canonrc1dalkovyovladacp.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I always wondered what that was.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i criticized Spoo on his shoe choices on the original thread, but based on his entire body of work and other entries, i thought he was the winner. Brought in Mrs Niidawg to provide an independent assessment and she went with Spoo too at first glance ... lol.

She's feeling your boring swagger Spoo ... i'm mad jealous
rotflmao.gif

Thanks for bringing in the 3rd party analysis Nii.. You can show her some of my other pics so she realizes you do boring much better than me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jrd617
What's in your hand? Is that some kind of trigger for the camera?

You didnt know NOBD was the official SF Assassin? Thats his color combo detonator.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
No AlanC, OldDog or Lufty this week, Oh well, I suppose everyone is busy at this time of year...Mike for the win this week I think.
cheers.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
you!

I haven't seen Lufty in weeks. I wonder if all the BS between him and the SW&D crowd drove him off?? I hope not.

Anyway, thanks for the vote. If you give me a good FU Challenge for next week, I won't let you down!
lol8[1].gif

I went with Spoo. Although his fit was not conservative business dress in the true sense, it was a great fit that I have to respect.

I was really torn this week, because I think my Oxxford fit was much better than this one...but was not true to the rules in my mind. In the future, I say
ffffuuuu.gif
to the rules.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My votes went to Spoo and Mike, partly because they really did do conservative business dress, and partly because I would find it endlessly amusing if either of them won a conservative business dress contest, given their natural preferences for louder looks.

PS. what's my pic actually doing in the poll? I thought I'd be disqualified from entry based purely on the pocket watch!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I went with Spoo. Although his fit was not conservative business dress in the true sense, it was a great fit that I have to respect.

Im actually applying for a position to work for Holdfast, where this would be ultra conservative business dress.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
My votes went to Spoo and Mike, partly because they really did do conservative business dress, and partly because I would find it endlessly amusing if either of them won a conservative business dress contest, given their natural preferences for louder looks.

If the only contest I win is conservative business dress I dont think I will be able to recover from that. I may have to seek counseling.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
cheers.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
you!

I wanted to be in on this one, but my grey flannel suit is at the tailor. Friday is my day off lately, too, so it's usually a bad challenge day for me.

I don't know what Lufty's excuse is.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You didnt know NOBD was the official SF Assassin? Thats his color combo detonator.

Right, I only have to change from 2 to L for that.

No conservative business dress shoes (like most of the 'contestants', except for Threadbearer, JPQ and perhaps Mr. Claymore"”can't see those), but other than that... Parker. The subtle shirt stripe is Manton-approved (I guess) and the side dimple, well...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the only contest I win is conservative business dress I dont think I will be able to recover from that. I may have to seek counseling.

Don't know if it will be the "only" challenge you win...but you are well on your way!!!

Good job, Spoo.

Mike

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A LOT of ill-fitting shirt collars and poorly altered suits in this thread!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads