• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shop The Finest

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in L.A. earlier in the week for the first time in three years and visited Shop the Finest
at their new location in West L.A. I had successfully shopped at the Santa Monica warehouse
but the new one is a great improvement. Currently stocked with a large selection of Attolini
and Borrelli tailored clothing, Barba, Finamore, and Borelli shirts, more shoes than at the old
store, including Sutor and St Crispins, and much more knitwear. I only bought a couple of
pairs of Incotex slacks and my wife found a sweater for herself ( Yes. I know I violated the SF
prohibition on shopping with spouses. But mine is well trained. She know's not to invade my
narcissism by making excessive suggestions). I had my eye open for a sport coat, but the
one I liked from Isaia didn't come in my size.

Better than even the selection and the great prices, is the shopping experience.
Ian Daniels and his staff are superb. They made an extra effort to hunt down just the right
choices in slacks for me to try: low rise/slim fit. Not easy to find amongst a large inventory
with cryptic foreign labels. Same with jackets. Not only are they attentive, knowledgeable
and efficient, but Ian in particular, is an engaging and intelligent conversationalist. Frankly,
high-end retail shops would do well to emulate this attitude toward the customer.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
Wow - what an endorsement. This guys sounds awesome, Here is my plan next time I am in LA:
1. Shop The Finest (Any Cucinelli???)
2. Dodger Game
3. Laker Game
4. Kings Game.
5. Taco Stand at Sherman Way and Balboa
6. Visit In-Laws (if time).

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
I was in L.A. earlier in the week for the first time in three years and visited Shop the Finest
at their new location in West L.A. I had successfully shopped at the Santa Monica warehouse
but the new one is a great improvement. Currently stocked with a large selection of Attolini
and Borrelli tailored clothing, Barba, Finamore, and Borelli shirts, more shoes than at the old
store, including Sutor and St Crispins, and much more knitwear. I only bought a couple of
pairs of Incotex slacks and my wife found a sweater for herself ( Yes. I know I violated the SF
prohibition on shopping with spouses. But mine is well trained. She know's not to invade my
narcissism by making excessive suggestions). I had my eye open for a sport coat, but the
one I liked from Isaia didn't come in my size.

Better than even the selection and the great prices, is the shopping experience.
Ian Daniels and his staff are superb. They made an extra effort to hunt down just the right
choices in slacks for me to try: low rise/slim fit. Not easy to find amongst a large inventory
with cryptic foreign labels. Same with jackets. Not only are they attentive, knowledgeable
and efficient, but Ian in particular, is an engaging and intelligent conversationalist. Frankly,
high-end retail shops would do well to emulate this attitude toward the customer.

Ian is a really good guy. No pressure sales and always willing to assist.

Originally Posted by HEARTLESS-531
Wow - what an endorsement. This guys sounds awesome, Here is my plan next time I am in LA:
2. Dodger Game
3. Laker Game
4. Kings Game.

Don't let your wife read this.
lol8[1].gif

C3N4

Reaction score
Haven't seen the new space but I have to agree--Ian demonstrates great hospitality. Plus he has a wonderfully curated selection of sartorial supplies. Highly recommended!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEARTLESS-531
2. Dodger Game
3. Laker Game
4. Kings Game.

You'll have to go in the first week in April to catch all the teams... And yes, Ian has Cucinelli.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, um, does anyone need some store credit at a discount? I have some I'd like to offload at a reduce price.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, um, does anyone need some store credit at a discount? I have some I'd like to offload at a reduce price.
Put a price on it and put it in the B&S section.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put a price on it and put it in the B&S section.

Thank you... it's kind of a recondite piece of "merchandise" so it didn't seem to fit there perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads