• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't think I can beat the big tymer outfits, so a regular fit today.

2010-12-10a.jpg

2010-12-10b.jpg

2010-12-10c.jpg

Childofstyle

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, This is my very first post, but I have been a follower of this forum for quite some times. As my name "Childofstyle", I was in a family where man take what they are wearing very seriously. I have always been interested in style, I look for inspiration from other well dressed gentlemen. Unlike some of my uncles, cousins and occasionally my father who can afford high ends bespoke items, I am not well off yet, but I'd like to think that I make the most out of what I can afford. As I look for inspirations, I found out that my style is inspirational and influential. Even in my high school days, from time to time I would wear slacks, dress shirt, tie and I would sometime wear a sport coat. Instead of getting bullied of teased by my peers, I gained a lot of respect. I have seen young man trade their zoot suits, their bigger than their heads fat knot to a more refined look after we have acquainted. By no means I am stating that I know everything I need to know, far from it, I am still a baby at that. I have joined this forum to learn and to be inspired. Thank you for reading, Childofstyle

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for the fun

conservative business dress is creative business dress, right? Anyway... plain gray, as dark as
it comes. Cashmere, linen and suede to tame the suit shine.
Careful"”it moves.

iiwaywrngreymatters.gif

(Not my nicest suit, but it was the only plain gray one I have. Bought it for an
important occassion, eight years ago. Heavily altered, but still has its function.)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
In for the fun

conservative business dress is creative business dress, right? Anyway... plain gray, as dark as
it comes. Cashmere, linen and suede to tame the suit shine.
Careful—it moves.

iiwaywrngreymatters.gif

(Not my nicest suit, but it was the only plain gray one I have. Bought it for an
important occassion, eight years ago. Heavily altered, but still has its function.)

conservative business dress is CONSERVATIVE business dress. Brown suede monks are a no no, and match those socks with your trousers!
wink.gif

ndw

Reaction score
@moo- great overcoat! (any room to let out the sleeves?)

@Threadbarer-nice and simple conservative business combo.

@TTO- One of my favoritie looks. Im a sucker for navy ties! (My condolences on your loss)

@Baron- suit looks great and I personally think button point is fine.

@Spoo- that suit is badass and overall fit is great, but something seems "off" to me about the bottom of the pants. Maybe slight taper at the end with a cuff?

@slewfoot- suit looks awesome- interested in a better pic of the overall rig.

@Bleachboy- nice overall look, although not a fan of the black houndstooth pants with a navy coat and brown shoes.

@NOBD- this is awesome.

No grey suit for me today, as its casual friday.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Childofstyle

Great first post, and great attire you´re sporting there, chap. Welcome and plz post more often!

Originally Posted by RogerC
091220102844.jpg

Those cufflinks really are properly nice.

Cheers
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
greymatters.gif

Sharp!

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GREY ...

...coat is definitely too short...also to snug full-stop and not really very sleep inducing, but its the plainest of my two grey Suits...
Spoo, this is my budget version of your T.Ford beauty!

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, thanks for all the compliments the last few days and the condolences as well!
blush.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
dressed up for a dinner party tonight.
The suit fabric is great; lots of interest to capture the eye.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Black shoes would have been great with this. Still good, but I feel the brown shoes jar against it.
Originally Posted by NOBD
Careful—it moves.
I like the animation; freaky!
smile.gif
I don't have a solid grey suit outside of a night-out only pure silk DB. So you'll have to settle for this charcoal grey 3pc instead. I would consider what I'm wearing a very conservative and business appropriate outfit. Possibly in a different decade, admittedly. But still business appropriate.
devil.gif
Messing around with a different template. Won't normally use this one, but I liked it for today:
dec10006.jpg
PS. the unpictured shoes were black, too. See how conservative business dress I am...?
tongue.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
TC, you really seem to have your fit and jacket style dialed in. Looking good.

Thank you my friend. They are all pretty much done at this point. If I gain the weight back I will have nothing to wear.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, this is as conservative business dress as I can get. I also tried the vintage Oxxford...which cuts a nicer line...but with the skinny lapels and flapless pockets, would be gonged by Manton's code of conservative business dress.

I tried to stick to Manton's code to the T.

Southwick for Perlis New Orleans 2/3 roll in medium charcoal suit
Vintage Elliot Gant, NY tie
Pebble grain Florsheim Imperial Boats.

Bring on the boredom!

Mike

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-1.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-2.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-3.JPG

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Cats Are Grey...

Fit_121010_01.jpg

Fit_121010_02.jpg

Fit_121010_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads