• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown
I have about 25 boxes of crystal light right here next to me (0)

Getting an assload of them tomorrow morning. I managed to down 10g of it, but I'm not going through that ritual again without some aid. **** is more vile than the nastiest, cheapest liquor.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Getting an assload of them tomorrow morning. I managed to down 10g of it, but I'm not going through that ritual again without some aid. **** is more vile than the nastiest, cheapest liquor.

I'm guessing you have yet to taste creatine ethyl ester on it's own? lol makes bcaa's taste like an angel's asshole.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, just monohydrate.

So anyway, I know BCAAs will reduce my protein needs throughout the day. What's the trade-off of BCAA grams to protein grams?

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1:1, no need to complicate things. order some cee and you'll see what I mean
wink.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I figured as much, since I eyeballed your meal-by-meal breakdown over IA (on that stalker tip it would seem). Just wanted to make sure that was the way to go.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Not necessarily. Injections can help quite a bit in loosening up the muscles or relieving pain so that work can actually take place in that area. Obviously, a certified PT who specializes in low back injuries will be able to give you insight on training and recovery techniques that you wouldn't think of on your own. Also, as you alluded to, there might be another link in your chain that's weak and has led to the weakening of your low back.

Are you icing the area now? If not, you should be, several times a day for 20min a pop (no more).

Good to know, but I feel like it's not serious enough to warrant any sort of injection. After jumping rope for roughly an hour, my back actually felt remarkably better. Still a little stiff but nothing that isn't manageable.

As for ice, yeah, for the day or two after I did. It's heat time now though since it happened several days ago.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
As for ice, yeah, for the day or two after I did. It's heat time now though since it happened several days ago.
If its skeletal then you want to stick with ice. If the heat is helping it might actually be a muscle problem.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Huh. Didn't know that. And yeah, the heat helps a little. I feel looser immediately afterward.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its not set in stone but the general rule of thumb is: Ice for bone/structural/vertebral problem (also, obviously, to reduce swelling and increase blood flow) and Heat for relaxing muscles and loosening tough joints.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Failure on the 8th rep of an ab exercise = ravioli in the summer, I can see it now

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i never go for singles so dunno max anymore. i am at 215 now

Originally Posted by mrchariybrown
kunk, is that your max or your 3RM? cock strong weight on the bench regardless.

how heavy are you weighing in at these days?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gnc fruit punch bcaa is delicious

Originally Posted by APK
Holy ****, BCAA's really do taste like burnt rubber. Must add some Crystal Light singles to the shopping list.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
gnc fruit punch bcaa is delicious

I was going to grab some flavored BCAA's from trueprotein.com, but they sodomize you with the shipping charges. You can get double the amount for the same base price at musclefeast.com. Now I just need to grab a box or two of the Crystal Light singles and then keep my eyes peeled for weekly sales so I can strong arm an entire shelf of the things into my cart when they are temporarily marked down.

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I take the tablet versions made by Universal Nutrition.

I did that for a minute, but if you want to follow some of the recommended protocols that are out there, you'll blow through a bottle of those things in a couple of days.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the topic of recovery, anyone ever take epsom salt baths? I've been doing that most nights this week and after a good soak, my muscles feel the same way my head does when I partake in certain mind-altering activities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads