• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
This puppy would work out to be about almost 5K which is insane considering I could get a top KNPV Mal for $750. Oh well. lefty
God damn! That's rich, even for a ballin ass baller like yourself.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
That's rich, even for a ballin ass baller like yourself.

I need to get "ballin ass baller" printed on my card.

We were talking about clicker training or marker training or operant conditioning a little while ago. Here is a series of short videos where Michael Ellis explains his approach. This will give you a decent primer. Michael is a very good trainer of trainers.

Part 1: http://leerburg.com/playem.htm?name=flv/Ellis-1.flv

The rest are here: http://leerburg.com/stream/videolist...ichael%20Ellis

lefty

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Michael is a very good trainer of trainers.

Is this a Lefty handed compliment? How is he at training dogs?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good at that as well. And like all dog trainers, he's a quirky guy.

He used to train barefoot. He's from CA so I guess it's not that big a deal, but we trained together in NY. In November. Bloody freezing out and he would spend the day in a sweatshirt and jeans with no shoes.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a brief update on my parents damaged pooch Bonny whom I've been posting pics of throughout this thread and who was just hit by a truck. Thanks for the well wishes all.

My dad ended up having to drive her 2 1/2 hours to a better equipped vet with full surgical staff and more examination equipment after he drove about an hour to the local vet. One problem with country living.

She stayed several days in the hospital as there was some concern first about swelling of the brain and then about the socket of her jaw being cracked and healing wrong. She had lacerations all over her face, broken jaw, the roof of her mouth is cracked in several places and there is all manner of sinus breaks, and bits of bone floating about. Her orbital was also shattered and she had a lot of bleeding in her eye. She will lose vision in that eye and likely lose the eye itself.
Luckily her legs and organs are all fine.
There is some infection and she cant really eat, so she has lost weight. Now she is chocking down some food soaked in milk or broth and has been able to take water. Initially they had to give her an injection to rehydrate her after she had been home a few days.

All in all it looks like she will make it now we just have to hope she regains her ***** and personality.

At least she gets a new nickname out of the deal "ol Bonny one eye."

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd been wondering about her and had feared worse given the lack of updates. Hope she continues her recovery!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn. I'm sure she'll bounce back.

At least you now know what she'll be next Halloween.

pirate_dog.jpg

lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good luck with the dog's recovery NorCal. Interesting article in my local paper yesterday about puppy breeding and importing to FL that I thought some of you might find interesting: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/1114560.html

BP348

Reaction score
Yes. Working Boxers are a pain ********** - seriously expensive and the breeders tend to be crazy women.

This puppy would work out to be about almost 5K which is insane considering I could get a top KNPV Mal for $750.

Oh well.

lefty

That an untrained puppy? Still over in Europe?

Love a good Mal!!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, untrained puppy. But half that cost would be travel expenses. So he is sill in Europe and no doubt on is way to new owners there.

I like mals also, but in my waning years I want to explore a few breeds that always struck a cord with me. The Boxer was the first dog I ever saw as a kid and I still remember the moment. I went through a few when I was younger but they were all too weak for work.

lefty

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Puppy has diarrhea. He woke me up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, and 3:30 to go to the washroom.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Puppy has diarrhea.

He woke me up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, and 3:30 to go to the washroom.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I 100% agree!!

I came home from work yesterday only to find that the poodle had diarreha. Good thing I have tile floors!

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
After about 1.5 years in the works, my English setter puppy came home with me on Saturday.

First night, he got me up to go outside 3 times.

Second and third night, two times.

Fourth night, one time.

Last night, slept through for about 7 hours.

I like how this is trending.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
^Cute dog. Looks kind of like a Beagle crossed with a Golden Retriever.

At the moment, perhaps. Puppy is a tri-color so will look more like the one on the left below as an adult - though probably not as dark - probably more like the one at the bottom:

english_setter_0062.jpg

english_setter_0014.jpg

english_setter_0067.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads