• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TM thread moved to DT?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
TM thread moved to DT?

That would just be
facepalm.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Manton - Metro's got one of those senses of humor, sort of like Kauffman, that nobody but a select few understand. .
No, no, no. His sense of "humor" is very easy to understand. It's just not funny. Oh, and Manton, don't leave. That's like letting the terrorists win.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Manton - Metro's got one of those senses of humor, sort of like Kauffman, that nobody but a select few understand.
Referring to me, even though I hadn't called him out or anything.
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Well I'm going to go ahead and call you a pompous asshole and not hang my ahead about it. Cue: how dare you, I would expect such from you, etc.
I failed to see the humor. ~ H

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I think I have succeeded here. I've turned Manton into an internet tough guy offering to "meet up" and "beat the **** out of me".
lol8[1].gif

Honestly, this post is very sad. It is like the kid who thinks he did a great thing after ******** in the sandbox and making everybody else leave. It is like he is the king of the mountain, except he is really just the guy playing with his own ****.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good grief. This is like an immature pissing match between a bunch of men who might as well be wrestling over whether or not someone looked at their girlfriend. I really think most of you are too intelligent for this, but maybe I'm wrong?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Good grief. This is like an immature pissing match between a bunch of men who might as well be wrestling over whether or not someone looked at their girlfriend. I really think most of you are too intelligent for this, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'd fight like this over you baby.

Night Owl

Reaction score
not liking metro is very understanable but taking your ball and going home with a big bye forum, i mean really

Mr. Mooton?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are wrong, Manton is smarter than MS.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, it's just that Manton has a temper, and MS doesn't know when to stop his antics.
This is all strangely reminiscent of Bris vs Butter even including the itg invite to meet up on the island of Manhattan.
And we all know how that turned out.

Of course, Manton has a lot more goodwill built up than Bris, but still.
And to think how easy it could all be:

"Ignore List"

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened to RJ and what MS said about Manton are very different right?

Please correct me if i'm remembering it wrong though

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dammit Metro, what were you hoping to do here? You knew you found a soft spot and picked at it, until the inevitable happened. Couldn't you have picked on someone else, or found something else to hammer at instead?

Manton, why didn't you put Metro on ignore? Surely you saw the pattern, or even just put a sort of troll-filter on it.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
I don't really understand why people find Metro so offensive. His brand of ironic, trashy, 'Bro' humour and mild misogyny is far from edgy. It seems pretty mainstream to me. I would imagine, from the subtext of his posts, that he is not like that in real life.

Sure it can get pretty tiresome, as can his seeming need for attention, but he is far from the only one guilty of attention whore behaviour on here. His current brand of humour is becoming too prevalent in DT, at the expense of potentially funnier stuff, and I can see it is irritating outside of DT, but I don't get the hate.

Edit: Also Manton, you have to be 40 something, and successful. Jokes about peoples kids are clearly douchey, but can't you just man up and rise above it?

I endorse this post.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What the hell, people?
ffffuuuu.gif
The only thing I like less than B&S crap blowing up my inbox is this kind of crap blowing up my inbox. Fok timed MS out for a month - he is the one with kids so I will trust his judgment there. Can people please settle down and stop the 'x should be banned' crap in here? You can see here why we have the rule. It's like grown men standing in front of the kindergarten teacher telling on each other - unseemly and counterproductive. And annoying as hell for the kindergarten teacher(s).

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Edit: Also Manton, you have to be 40 something, and successful. Jokes about peoples kids are clearly douchey, but can't you just man up and rise above it?

Originally Posted by Redwoood
And to think how easy it could all be:

"Ignore List"

Originally Posted by Thomas
Manton, why didn't you put Metro on ignore? Surely you saw the pattern, or even just put a sort of troll-filter on it.

Originally Posted by redcaimen
I endorse this post.

Really, so you all really think that the solution is for him to go on making cracks about ****** my 5-y-o daughter and for me to put him on ignore?

Like I said, if that is what the Internet is, or has become, it is definitely wrong for me.

Thomas, I am being totally serious here, your post makes me sad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads