• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barker Black fit?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
I am talking about the BB shoes, not AE.

Wait so let me get this right. AE seconds are marked with uk sizes?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
The last appears identical to a pair of AEs I have in 9.
This statement makes no sense. You can't compare the fit of one last to another based on pictures, unless they were under extremely controlled circumstances (same distance & angle). Even then, that wouldn't really tell you anything about fit. Just because the shape is similar doesn't have anything to do with fit. Second, that price is ridiculous. I don't think it's threadcrapping if it comes up somewhere else. You can find Edward Greens on a regular bases for $550. Barker Black are nowhere near the quality of EG. You could say the styling of BB is worth something, but those shoes are missing the skull punching that make BB unique. They are a normal pair of burgundy wingtips that is lesser in quality than EG. I don't see how that's worth $550.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=210995

Anyway, these are the shoes I'm talking about. The last appears identical to a pair of AEs I have in 9, but I can't confirm the info on the last since I don't see them on BB web-site. Help?

Looks like they are on the same last as the archdale. IMO, that last fits a little long & narrow.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
This statement makes no sense. You can't compare the fit of one last to another based on pictures, unless they were under extremely controlled circumstances (same distance & angle). Even then, that wouldn't really tell you anything about fit.

Just because the shape is similar doesn't have anything to do with fit.

Second, that price is ridiculous. I don't think it's threadcrapping if it comes up somewhere else. You can find Edward Greens on a regular bases for $550. Barker Black are nowhere near the quality of EG. You could say the styling of BB is worth something, but those shoes are missing the skull punching that make BB unique. They are a normal pair of burgundy wingtips that is lesser in quality than EG. I don't see how that's worth $550.

i'm not sure if i'd go so far as to call it ridiculous, considering BB goes for around $750 retail for "firsts." that asking price seems within the margin one would pay for that brand. i hear what you're saying though.

and really? EGs for $550? i thought they were in the $1K range.

gogators

Reaction score
I am a 9E in AE PA, 9D in Alden hampton last, 8D in BB Straton. A full size down and they fit great.

ktrp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Wait so let me get this right. AE seconds are marked with uk sizes?

That qualifies as a cosmetic flaw, right?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they fit true to size? I'm a 9D in AE. Wondering if a 9D will work in BB?

I have several pairs and they fit true to size. You would wear a 9D in US sizes or a 8 in UK sizes.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sometime last year i know holt's last call in vaughn had some pairs, maybe call them up and check? also wouldn't the bloor holt's carry some bb too?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
They are probably fakes, or seconds.

Have you ever seen a fake pair of BBs? Dude, what's with all the hate for BB?
puzzled.gif

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
i'm not sure if i'd go so far as to call it ridiculous, considering BB goes for around $750 retail for "firsts." that asking price seems within the margin one would pay for that brand. i hear what you're saying though.

and really? EGs for $550? i thought they were in the $1K range.

BB (e.g. laceup specs) are now retailing for $925. BBs are very underrated on SF by guys that don't wear them.
patch[1].gif

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...from reading this thread it seems that BBs run large (it seems to me all dress shoes run large, it's like the opposite of jeans sizing). Anyway, on their website I noticed a few pairs' descriptions said they run small. Argh!

I guess this is something you really want to try in person. I love the styling. Is NYC the place to go for this, does NM carry them in many stores?

Cheers.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would depend on which shoe you were looking at. Some of them aren't offered Stateside. But if you must I believe they still have a store in the village in NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads