• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
The guy is not funny. He can be a dick or be stupid and if he's funny, that would be redeeming. He's just not funny. And sometimes I wonder if he is the same person as his 3 or 4 supporters on here - early 20s unfunny jackasses...like really, really, unfunny. You make suicide seem appealing when you write kinda unfunny.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
2. Keep DT in ST and out of MC, or I'll have to give you a lonnnnnggggggg timeout. And posting this **** using a sock puppet is going to get you a longer one.
Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny. The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. . How many people still post to DT, a dozen? Close the damn thing, please.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny.

The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. .

How many people still post to DT, a dozen? Close the damn thing, please.

no thanks. no one is forcing you to go there.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
My socks are all banned, to answer your question.

That's not my point. Posting in multiple accounts is a bannable offense. Done with topic...not clogging up Transmod any more than necessary.

Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny.

The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. .

You're perfectly welcome not to go there. There are plenty of times when there have only been a few new postings in Entertainment and Culture, GC, etc, but many new ones in DT.

Bartolo

Reaction score

I subscribe to the "no one is forcing you to read it" philosophy.

That said, I think that the "seepage" into MC is causing a good bit of the ill will, and that seepage doesn't occur by accident.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Man, people have complained about DT's ever since day 1. It started in idiocy, if you recall Mrpologuy and his 'things XXX like' threads. I can see how the seepage could be irritating, but how much worse is it than purposefully-ignorant noobs in MC who refuse to lurk for a while? Or bowtielover, now that I think of it. (no hate)

Originally Posted by Jekyll
Wait, really? I thought sock-puppetry was a time-honored tradition among the Inner Serkle.

Not to my knowledge, although the last time I read anything about socks, it was an admonition that you'd better be funny if you're going to go to the trouble. Sometimes a joke works better if you tell it in a different 'voice'.

re: Metrostyles, I see him as a performance artist, not unlike Andy Kaufman. I consider him to be intelligent and thoughtful once the facade comes off, but it sounds like I've had a considerably different experience from Manton's - and could easily understand the vitriol had our roles been reversed.

Then again, I even get along and occasionally agree with Artisan Fan these days, which I wouldn't have seen happening this time last year.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Wait, really? I thought sock-puppetry was a time-honored tradition among the Inner Serkle.

Another reason I will never attain the coveted IC membership: I am neither smart nor nimble enough to have a sock puppet.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Man, people have complained about DT's ever since day 1. It started in idiocy, if you recall Mrpologuy and his 'things XXX like' threads. I can see how the seepage could be irritating, but how much worse is it than purposefully-ignorant noobs in MC who refuse to lurk for a while? Or bowtielover, now that I think of it. (no hate)
Yeah I do remember. I liked DT.
Originally Posted by Bartolo
I subscribe to the "no one is forcing you to read it" philosophy.
And I mostly don't. It's like the dork at work who comes up to you with OMG this joke is so funny you HAVE to hear this durhur. When you hear that, you know it's not going to be funny.
That said, I think that the "seepage" into MC is causing a good bit of the ill will, and that seepage doesn't occur by accident.
Yeah, and really more so than the seepage, it's the killing of the wonderfully spontaneous dumb by DT. What a strange complaint I know... I just remember when it was mostly funny instead of a self-promoting race to top one another. Maybe that's nostalgia.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
MS is not in any way like Andy Kaufman.

Metro is to Andy Kaufman what Eric Glennie is to Alexander McQueen

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Thankfully, Thomas, we still do not get along.

Thankfully. (?)

Originally Posted by mharwitt
MS is not in any way like Andy Kaufman.

Have you seen Metro's hair?!

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Another reason I will never attain the coveted IC membership: I am neither smart nor nimble enough to have a sock puppet.

You also get laid too often.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Metro is to Andy Kaufman what Eric Glennie is to Alexander McQueen
worship.gif
Originally Posted by Thomas
Have you seen Metro's hair?!
i have no idea what he looks like. link?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads