• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Swan

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis *cough* scene was quite unexpected. I hadn't been following the news, obviously. Anyone else seen it?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Want to. Heard a bad review from a guy at a bar on Friday. Still want to see it.

Rathbone

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it, now that it's getting a wide release (December 22). Will make for an interesting double-feature with True Grit.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Aronofsky make them go "ass-to-ass" like Jennifer Connelly in "Requiem for a Dream?"

REguy

Reaction score
Agreed on the Oscar for Portman. As the credits started rolling, I think everyone in the theater said, "What kind of facocta movie was this!?!" Overall, a great flick that really sucks you into the mind of a mentally deranged individual.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
It's frustrating that a director who is quite talented hasn't made a film since Pi that didn't feel like a self important public service announcement. Requiem for a Dream was the worst offender. It was fraught with after school special level ridiculousness. I have some hope for this one as the story seems to lend itself to his special brand of visual and narrative absurdity.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nananine
Oh it's more than that.
More like "mouth-to-******"

Wow, I was gonna say something to the effect of "This is the first time I will resist a spoiler", but the moment I hit qoute I see the spoiler
ffffuuuu.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
It's frustrating that a director who is quite talented hasn't made a film since Pi that didn't feel like a self important public service announcement. Requiem for a Dream was the worst offender. It was fraught with after school special level ridiculousness. I have some hope for this one as the story seems to lend itself to his special brand of visual and narrative absurdity.

Wanna know why I didn't see it? That pretentious title.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This will have to do for now.
Natalie-Portman-Making-Out-with-Mila-Kunis-TAFW.gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
This will have to do for now.
Natalie-Portman-Making-Out-with-Mila-Kunis-TAFW.gif

belongs in best gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Requiem for a Dream"? You don't think that sounds pretentious? It does to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics