• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i love those loafers. any chance you can get an 8.5?

so is the ranger boot special make-up the regular ranger boot in the season lookbook but w/o the strap or did you get them to do other mods as well?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
i love those loafers. any chance you can get an 8.5?

so is the ranger boot special make-up the regular ranger boot in the season lookbook but w/o the strap or did you get them to do other mods as well?

Man, wish that I could! We were only able to wrangle six units of the Penny Loafer

And yes - we modified the existing Ranger boot for this model. We removed the strap and made it up in a smooth chromexcel rather than pebble grain. This thing is really beautiful in person.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
those loafers above inspired me to take some pics of my loden green anglers in CXL. ive had these for a while but havent really worn much. its really hard to accurately capture the color of these (id say the last photo is most accurate).
DSCN1182.jpg
DSCN1224.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^

yuketen recommended kiwi products (i know, i know...but its what they told me). from the pics those are looking fine. they dont need to be conditioned yet.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey mod. if you wanted to use something else it seem a lot of moc companies are recommending venetian cream also for use with CXL leathers.

but again, yours look great right now. i would tend to wait if i were you.

FatMod

Reaction score
cheers- they could do with a little protection now as weather is turning bad.

Kiwi will be no good as it will put a gloss on the leather and I want to keep a nice nuetral matt finish. I was thinking of a Beeswax/saddlewax - just wondered if anyone had used on Yuketens before.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
cheers- they could do with a little protection now as weather is turning bad. Kiwi will be no good as it will put a gloss on the leather and I want to keep a nice nuetral matt finish. I was thinking of a Beeswax/saddlewax - just wondered if anyone had used on Yuketens before.
So i sent them another e-mail about this and here is what they just barely sent me (regarding CXL): "In terms of a conditioner to be used we can recommend two: Kiwi natural crème shoe polish/conditioner Lexol Conditioner However, please be aware that with use of any sort of polish or conditioner you may find the leather may darken very slightly." i have also used quoddy's organic waterproofer (which is real bear fat & "natural maine beeswax") on my CXL quoddys. this did not give the leather a shine at all. in fact, i dont think it even darkened the leather all that much. but it is on the expensive side and its a pain ********** to use. you can get it off the quoddy website. but i have not used this on my yuketens before. so there you go!

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
cheers- they could do with a little protection now as weather is turning bad. Kiwi will be no good as it will put a gloss on the leather and I want to keep a nice nuetral matt finish. I was thinking of a Beeswax/saddlewax - just wondered if anyone had used on Yuketens before.
I've used beeswax before, it'll give it a nice shine in the first few hours and then fade into a matte finish. From this (right after wax):
dsc04658p.jpg
To this (less than a day):
dsc04669h.jpg
Beeswax is the base ingredient in most of these 'wax' products, I prefer it to mixture and compounds with lots of additives. Keep it natural and simple
smile.gif

KobeWoods

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can still get ahold of the Maine Guide Boots? Sizing help would be appreciated... I'm a sz 10 in Vans, 10.5 in Nikes. 9.5 in Redwings and Clarks. Should I grab a sz 9 or 10 since they dont make half sizes.
dozingoff.gif

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KobeWoods
Anyone know where I can still get ahold of the Maine Guide Boots? Sizing help would be appreciated... I'm a sz 10 in Vans, 10.5 in Nikes. 9.5 in Redwings and Clarks. Should I grab a sz 9 or 10 since they dont make half sizes.
dozingoff.gif

Yuketen does make half sizes, a lot of stores just don't carry them. I'm a half size in Yuketen, and it is frustrating to find the half sizes as they are more rare. I would definitely not go with a size 10 if you are a 10 in vans, 10.5 Nike. 10 is most likely not the actual size of your foot, as sneakers run small in sizing. Have you ever had your foot measured properly?

I wear an 8.5E Yuketen and my foot measures 9 and I wear 9 in most dress shoes, 9.5 in Nike. From the reference you gave, it seems most likely to me your actual foot size is 9.5, in which case, I can advise that you could probably get away with a size 9E in Yuketen. (most places seem to carry E width)

Obviously you don't want them too small, as long as the length is alright int he shoe (your toes don't jam when you walk), they will stretch slightly with wear, so it is ok to have them snug at first - but only if you have enough length in the toe area.

If the Yuketen's you are wanting to buy are D width, I would be more wary of sizing down - they can be narrow.

Hope this helps.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You might fit a 9.5, but it seems like that is your actual foot size to me, so that might still be big on you. Found these on ebay, if your foot actually measures 10, these are perfect, as they are 9.5

I'd go to a shoe store and find your proper measurement on a Brannock device, though. You could be a 9 Yuketen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yuketen-Maine-Gu...#ht_500wt_1156

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This may belong in the You Did This thread, but here goes...

Monitaly at Urban Outfitters. At least it's not Yuketen. Do these even look worth the cost? Why not pony up a little extra dough for Quoddy or Yuk (or maybe Oak Street?) Does this mean everyone will be running around in moccasins designed by Yuki? Probably not at $185.

And lastly, I really like Yuki and all his brands...should I be upset with this or intrigued, even if these are all pretty ugly? (I actually think the suede mid-top looks alright) Almost everything sold at Urban Outfitters is **** quality, but I trust the Monitaly brand.

Discuss.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...TURED_MONITALY

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads