• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

rick

Reaction score
hey guys do you know where i can buy lvc denim in bigger sizes say 38-40 waist sorry if this is in the thread could not find it.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
hey guys do you know where i can buy lvc denim in bigger sizes say 38-40 waist sorry if this is in the thread could not find it.
38's available aplenty at cultizm. Sometimes Dirk can get his hands on bigger sizes too if you ask him. Side note - Cultizms prices just went up again on the raws... $265 in general now, up from 249. Bought mine for like 219 in June. Sheesh. I'll quickly be priced out.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
38's available aplenty at cultizm. Sometimes Dirk can get his hands on bigger sizes too if you ask him.

Side note - Cultizms prices just went up again on the raws... $265 in general now, up from 249. Bought mine for like 219 in June. Sheesh. I'll quickly be priced out.

thanks i will try that looks like i need a 40 just measured my waist an i am a 39 time to lose weight.

rick

Reaction score
i have one more silly question is the selvedge denim on the lvc 1955 any differnt then the selvedge denim they sell on levi.com just wondering because i want some levi selvedge but can't find my size in lvc.

BarrelMaker

Reaction score
a couple years ago i was at a levis store in mass and they had a ton of LVC jeans on sale for 20 bucks all different sizes and fits. at the time i had no clue what they were so i didnt snag any. but i did manage to grab a pair of 1966 super slims for myself. i think theyre from the levis reissue line not LVC but reguardless theyre my favorite pair of jeans ive ever owned. its too bad that theyre about 5 sizes too big now.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i have one more silly question is the selvedge denim on the lvc 1955 any differnt then the selvedge denim they sell on levi.com just wondering because i want some levi selvedge but can't find my size in lvc.

Pretty confident that the denim quality on the LVC piece will beat the $98 standard Levi's stuff on their website right now.

Originally Posted by BarrelMaker
a couple years ago i was at a levis store in mass and they had a ton of LVC jeans on sale for 20 bucks all different sizes and fits. at the time i had no clue what they were so i didnt snag any. but i did manage to grab a pair of 1966 super slims for myself. i think theyre from the levis reissue line not LVC but reguardless theyre my favorite pair of jeans ive ever owned. its too bad that theyre about 5 sizes too big now.

What size are they?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The San Francisco Levi's store at Union Square opened their LVC display in their basement area last Saturday. I live within walking distance so I dropped in yesterday and found it to be pretty well set up. They have a little "history walk" (it's a short walk) with examples of many of their repro cuts hanging on a wall with some descriptive text. Also, a few actual historical pieces on display (maybe they brought them over from Levi's Plaza near the Embarcadero). The area looked simple and nice.

They set up a good sized shop for hemming and tailoring and brought in a chainstitching machine. Unfortunately, they charge $20 for a standard hem and $35 (i think that was the quote) for chainstitching---even if you just bought LVC at retail in their store. Not a friendly policy, imo, esp. now that raw LVC jeans sell for $250 plus (Maybe I'm just spoiled by Self Edge). They can also do repairs on Levi's or any other jeans you bring in if you're willing to lay down the dough.

They had a bunch of heavily worn red wings that they're going to price and start selling, as well as vintage non-levi work shirts. Reminds me of what RRL does with old boots and belts they find.

All in all I liked the space and what they are doing with it.

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
The San Francisco Levi's store at Union Square opened their LVC display in their basement area last Saturday. I live within walking distance so I dropped in yesterday and found it to be pretty well set up. They have a little "history walk" (it's a short walk) with examples of many of their repro cuts hanging on a wall with some descriptive text. Also, a few actual historical pieces on display (maybe they brought them over from Levi's Plaza near the Embarcadero). The area looked simple and nice.

They set up a good sized shop for hemming and tailoring and brought in a chainstitching machine. Unfortunately, they charge $20 for a standard hem and $35 (i think that was the quote) for chainstitching---even if you just bought LVC at retail in their store. Not a friendly policy, imo, esp. now that raw LVC jeans sell for $250 plus (Maybe I'm just spoiled by Self Edge). They can also do repairs on Levi's or any other jeans you bring in if you're willing to lay down the dough.

They had a bunch of heavily worn red wings that they're going to price and start selling, as well as vintage non-levi work shirts. Reminds me of what RRL does with old boots and belts they find.

All in all I liked the space and what they are doing with it.

Doesn't sound like the right kind of service; every respectable denim store I've come across offers chain-stitch hemming for free if you bought the jeans in store.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That policy is bogus and bone-headed. It sends a bad message to a good portion of the market who would otherwise appreciate what LVC is doing. When I heard that they charge to hem LVC denim that was just bought at retail in their own store, I winced.

That's the only bad thing I have to say about the area, though. The SA's are super nice and passionate about clothing (I've met several now and don't have a bad thing to say about any of them). Although they are all very young, 2 out of 3 knew a lot about vintage gear and a third was learning fast. Nobody's going to walk in and out feeling they got a great deal on anything. But the area has a good vibe and they've created an interesting space. I at least felt welcome to try things on, look around, ask questions, talk about non-LVC vintage stuff, have fun. The SA's seem more like docents than guys trying to make a sale.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a pair of already-soaked '47's in a 34/34 via B/S. Fit like a dream. Admit the thigh is a little bit tighter than I would have initially given it credit for. Fit pics to come.

Wish the cultizm deal was after the new year... when student loans hit anew...

Shorty Long

Reaction score
At the very least, Levi should offer free chainstitch service on jeans purchased in the store. They've offered repairs for years, and I was always happy with their service. I haven't used them in ages, but if I recall correctly, it was something like $12.

olo3000

Reaction score
I was at a store today and they were selling the 505-0217 selvage jeans for $89 on clearance. At that price is it worth buying a few to resell on eBay at a profit?

palma

Reaction score
Whoa you must have acted quick because I did not even see that listing
eek.gif
I am on the hunt for the exact same pair or W34 anything. I should check B&S more often.

Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just received a pair of already-soaked '47's in a 34/34 via B/S. Fit like a dream. Admit the thigh is a little bit tighter than I would have initially given it credit for. Fit pics to come.

Wish the cultizm deal was after the new year... when student loans hit anew...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads