• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

IMG_0305.jpg

I love big ol' cats like this! Look at the fur poking out between the paws.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
Dunno if its been mentioned yet but nobody owns a cat.

Originally Posted by JLibourel
Does anyone really "own" a cat? They sort of deign to grace us with their presence.
^ I've always liked Jan's quote from my cat thread.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone says that he's fat, my gf says he's "built". Next to the big burberry duffel...

IMG00042-20100725-1434.jpg

IMG00193-20101009-1156.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Everyone says that he's fat, my gf says he's "built". Next to the big burberry duffel...
IMG00042-20100725-1434.jpg
IMG00193-20101009-1156.jpg

I bet he wouldn't look fat if all that fur was shaved off. That being said, he doesn't look fat at all to me.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Yep, have a fat cat. Kind of a strange cat. Never had one like this one before. Of late he likes to come up to me and just stare. He can sit there for 15, 20 minutes with out blinking. The determination is impressive, but I have no idea what he wants.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunnydale
Yep, have a fat cat. Kind of a strange cat. Never had one like this one before. Of late he likes to come up to me and just stare. He can sit there for 15, 20 minutes with out blinking. The determination is impressive, but I have no idea what he wants.

Do you ever stay awake at night, wondering what he wants? Do you torture yourself trying to figure out what he wants? Does it bother you every minute that he stares at you?

THAT is what he wants.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunnydale

As a cat owner, I am fairly confident in saying that your cat is simply deciding which meaty parts of your anatomy he will feast upon should you expire "” unattended "” in his presence.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were to drop over dead right now, a pet dog would whine and howl.

If you were to drop over dead right now, a pet cat would give you 20 minutes before starting to eat you.

That said, I currently have a cat. She must be 9 or so years old, though I've never kept track. I used to have 2, but about 5 years ago 1 got into a fight with a coywolf, and was never the same after. Eventually just didn't come home one day.

Does anyone actually bother to name their cats? I've had 4 in my life time, and each one started out with a name, but ended up being referred to as "kitty". I don't see a point in naming something that won't respond anyway.

MicroFi

Reaction score
I've got two cats. Two females - mother and daughter. Don't have a dog because I'm in an apartment
smile.gif

speedfreak

Reaction score
No. Never had a cat, nor will i ever have one. I just can't stand them... Plus, feeding, cleaning up, etc. would be way to much effort.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I love big ol' cats like this! Look at the fur poking out between the paws.

His tufties make the the lulz on our tiled floor areas. Even when he just walks, at the apex of his stride, the back paw under weight will slide a little. When he tries to run and turn a sharp corner the whole Looney Tunes slippery feet happens.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always been a dog person. Love dogs. I can't really see getting a dog right now because it would be alone in the house about 12 hours a day. Dogs being pack animals don't like being alone that much. It drives them insane.

Been thinking about getting a cat instead. They are more independent and can cope in that environment better.

What kind of cat should I get. I don't want a foofy cat. I'd like a predatory animal. I had a Siamese growing up. That was pretty cool. He tried to attack and devour my little sister on a couple of occasions. It was fun to watch.

Any suggestions?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I've always been a dog person. Love dogs. I can't really see getting a dog right now because it would be alone in the house about 12 hours a day. Dogs being pack animals don't like being alone that much. It drives them insane. Been thinking about getting a cat instead. They are more independent and can cope in that environment better. What kind of cat should I get. I don't want a foofy cat. I'd like a predatory animal. I had a Siamese growing up. That was pretty cool. He tried to attack and devour my little sister on a couple of occasions. It was fun to watch. Any suggestions?
First suggestion is, get two cats. One cat alone that much can get a little bored and/or neurotic. Second, I'd say adopt a couple of pound kitties, just plain old tabbies. Maybe a couple of sisters that have been fixed. I mention "sisters" as you want female cats. They are much less prone to destruction, both of your things and themselves. Our dying little tabby has all her predatory instincts. Even now, they are there 100%. Our purebred Ragdoll, no matter how physically imposing he is, has about 50% or less of cat instincts. For instance, he'll chase a toy you toss and then just looks at it. The tabby would toss a toy up in the air (to break its neck), then grab it, roll on her back and try to disembowel it. Oh, and clumping litter. Just fish out the lumps daily and add more litter as needed. There is absolutely zero cat smell here, even in the room with their litter boxes.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like cats but I'm really allergic to them
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
I've always been a dog person. Love dogs. I can't really see getting a dog right now because it would be alone in the house about 12 hours a day. Dogs being pack animals don't like being alone that much. It drives them insane. Been thinking about getting a cat instead. They are more independent and can cope in that environment better. What kind of cat should I get. I don't want a foofy cat. I'd like a predatory animal. I had a Siamese growing up. That was pretty cool. He tried to attack and devour my little sister on a couple of occasions. It was fun to watch. Any suggestions?
1. Buy a dog. 2. Take it to dog daycare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads