• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions for a casual jacket

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to replace this Zara jacket and am looking for some suggestions for the same. It would be worn mainly with jeans and chukkas. I would like to keep it under 300 USD.

This jacket will be in addition to the 2 jackets I already have, namely a suede bomber jacket and a Belstaff Trialmaster / Roadmaster (dont recall which) in black wax fabric.

The jacket I am looking to replace
DSC03007.jpg

The 3 options that I like till now are

1. Baracuta Slim fit harrington in cashmere blend fabric in dark navy - around 240 shipped to India
13-08-20102_baracuta_mole_navy_large_1.jpg

2. 3sixteen Stadium Jacket - Navy Waxed Canvas - 260 shipped to India
316_BLUE_JKT_02.jpg

3. Brooks Brothers Plaid Weekender - was 240 USD yesterday plus 50 USD shipping
iVOGy.jpg

1. What do you think of these 3 ?
2. ANy other suggestions

Thanks for your help

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one very similar to the Brooks plaid weekender. I would go for it if I were you. The plaid is great and gets a lot of compliments.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went crazy for the Herno brand and bought 1 fall + 5 summer coats and jackets from Yoox in the last few months. You can look in the summer 90% clearance section on Yoox, don't know if still available in India, you can stillorder them in Europe and US. I regret a bit paying so much for a reversible bomber, but there are cheaper options.

wmb

Reaction score
I personally prefer the Barracuda that does not have the knitted sleeves and bottom... I forget what the style is called but it is a classic look.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. What do you guys think of this ?
10-08-20102_barbourtokito_quiltedblouson_navy_large_1.jpg

hermes man

Reaction score
i get alot of compliments from my Emporio Armani jacket , (made in china) retail at 354$usd (here but definitely cheaper in other places because in my country all boutique mark up around 20%-30% more) and i got it at 40% discount too ,so i paid 248$usd for it
38171_447396447268_729512268_6141777_2840217_n.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I like your t-shirt more than your jacket

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

In regards to the thread, I like 2 or 3. You just missed 40% off of outerwear at Brooks Brothers.. Sucks

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
i get alot of compliments from my Emporio Armani jacket , (made in china)

retail at 354$usd (here but definitely cheaper in other places because in my country all boutique mark up around 20%-30% more)

and i got it at 40% discount too ,so i paid 248$usd for it

38171_447396447268_729512268_6141777_2840217_n.jpg

Will you ever understand that you embody everything that the people on this website can't stand? Stupid logos, bright "technical fabrics" and paying 10x what an item is actually worth!
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ DOnt **** with hermes man
Originally Posted by hermes man
dont forget you are the bottom of the capitalism pyramid, we rule you , we fool you , we shoot at you , we eat for you remember even if am i begger i can buy all the Prada i want because its my money not yours and even if you have centurion card its not my problem it doesnt help me to pay for hermes saddle for me to sit on or armani casa for me to live in

joonian

Reaction score
My favourite is the brooks harrington-esque jacket. It's like a Barracuta G4 without the knit cuffs and waist, so that is a plus in my eyes. Elevates the jacket just a tiny bit above the 'casual sportswear' realm. Then the two flap pockets add a touch of military detailing to it, like on a flight jacket. The plaid gives it character and dressiness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads