• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Shane is a little *****. Not a leader at all. They show up at CDC and there's no one there and he starts to harangue the lead character and the doctor.
facepalm.gif

Like I said, he has fallen pretty far. The first few episodes before Rick came back he was doing well leading the group. He is pretty pathetic at the moment.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
The pregnancy thing is entirely possible, but really, did he run that test? Did he also test for herpes, influenza, and diabetes??

Considering he didn't know if the zombie disease was a virus, bacteria, or fungus, I wonder how he could test for it?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how the heck can they not know if its viral, fungal, or bacterial. just doing a blood test and checking wbc count should be a pretty big clue. cdc is not that incompetent.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Considering he didn't know if the zombie disease was a virus, bacteria, or fungus, I wonder how he could test for it?

I didn't get to watch the season finale but from the Wildfire episode and how he was experimenting with the TS-19 sample leads me to think he knew what it was. Or at least how to identify it.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madstaxbro
I didn't get to watch the season finale but from the Wildfire episode and how he was experimenting with the TS-19 sample leads me to think he knew what it was. Or at least how to identify it.

Yeah, you would think. That's why I thought his statement about not even knowing what it was was idiotic. Plus then he gave the impression that the French were close to a solution.... Wouldn't they have shared what they were doing if they were in communication?

Anyway, I am normally pretty good about suspending disbelief but this whole episode in the CDC was a bit stupid.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
how the heck can they not know if its viral, fungal, or bacterial. just doing a blood test and checking wbc count should be a pretty big clue. cdc is not that incompetent.

So unrealistic that the military that destroyed the Nazis and Japs is overwhelmed by zombies. Stoopid show
facepalm.gif

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So unrealistic that the military that destroyed the Nazis and Japs is overwhelmed by zombies. Stoopid show
facepalm.gif

Might not have been zombies per se. Figure there was probably plenty of rioting and mobs of non-zombies converging on the cities and probably on the CDC. Things get out of hand, people get shot and suddenly you have mobs of humans + zombies all at once. Military morale was probably low and desertion was probably high.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Might not have been zombies per se. Figure there was probably plenty of rioting and mobs of non-zombies converging on the cities and probably on the CDC. Things get out of hand, people get shot and suddenly you have mobs of humans + zombies all at once. Military morale was probably low and desertion was probably high.

Really? You guys **** on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing and that's your best answer as to why the military didn't come to grips with the infestation by quarantining the area? I guess it'd be helpful to know what caused the infestation but wow.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, why hasn't the show answered where zombie take dumps after devouring flesh???

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, I'd say it's very sound speculation on the military's failure. If the military had seen it coming, they may have been able to stem the downfall, but it sounds like it was extremely sudden, hence the complete inability to mobilize effectively, let alone prepare.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? You guys **** on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing and that's your best answer as to why the military didn't come to grips with the infestation by quarantining the area? I guess it'd be helpful to know what caused the infestation but wow.

When did I "**** on the show for every single "unrealistic" thing"?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Actually, I'd say it's very sound speculation on the military's failure. If the military had seen it coming, they may have been able to stem the downfall, but it sounds like it was extremely sudden, hence the complete inability to mobilize effectively, let alone prepare.
Plus, if there's one thing slower than a zombie, it's tactical chain of command/bureaucracy. "do I shoot these things?" "hold position while we come up with a cover our own ass strategy to explain why the U.S. military is shooting what appear to be unarmed civilians"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads