• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lapel flower pin

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Get a real flower.

/thread.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
you seem to have not been reading the forum lately.

Originally Posted by Kentishman
It was called '2010'.

A poster on here, Mr K, is selling these if you can track him/his profile down. PG was the first really visible member to wear them, and it kind of exploded from there over the summer. They kinda went from 'ah, cool' to overplayed in about a fortnight.

Now I see. So I guess the bracelets are out. Funny, b/c I did immediately think of PG. And you're right, I haven't been reading SF nearly as much as I once did. I'm going to have to mend my ways...

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the flowers and screw anyone for saying it's copycat.

As far as I know, you can only get them from Strasburgo in Tokyo. I was there this summer and the store I went to only had 3, none of which in the colors I was looking for. They carry like 8 varieties normally. I think it's around 3000yen each. I may go back next summer and get some. Strasburgo rocks, they've got a great selection of awesome men's clothing... but it is very expensive if you live in the west.

Mr.K's version of them is (no offence Mr.K!) gaudy and too big. It's almost a caricature of the original.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
Yet wearing multiple, brightly-colored beaded bracelets is perfectly chic...

They're not SF approved...
facepalm.gif

Not by me anyway.

Why do you want to wear that flower lapel pin in the first place?

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Wear a flower, would be my suggestion.

Question to the crowd: What on earth is going on with the pocket square in the picture? Looks like shredded to pieces to my eyes. Or am I just not recognising what actually is lace? But then - lace???

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
I wear one as well on purpose in hopes of running into a Sr SF'er who will make a mockery out of me and my hot ass wife with an amzing body.

True story.

Flicks or I call BULLSHIT!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case the OP doesnt know, the SF's mightiest and greatest have already weighed in on the subject of lapel flowers
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Ah, a return to form! I like it. Except for that flower. I know it's all the rage, but it bugs the f*ck out of me--it introduces the taint of gimmickry to an otherwise very nice outfit.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- thanks & in hind sight I should have never worn the flower so much & kept it as a random detail - talking about the RAGE, imagine you were me & receiving emails/PMs about where to get them.. - but the reality is I have only ever seen one other doing it right IRL - then imagine the RAGE when certain SF(s) who not only have no "personal" style start selling them as if they are Peter Lee experts when they have never met him IRL. - such is the 1% community we live in where we dissect the details yet IRL the 99% would not take notice or take care
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I like the flower. Its concentration online in one forvm is surely not replicated in real life, in which it can be a small affectation that is charming with the right personality...like, oh, unbuttoned BDs with neckties. I would agree that a room full of such flowers would be a bit Stepford Wives. That ain't gonna happen, though, except perhaps in one of those SF meet ups that I keep missing. - B
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't like it because it's a fake, cutesy flower. A little cartoon sailboat or smiley face would be no better, and it would look bad to me regardless of amongst whom and how many it was popular. My point about its popularity in this thread was that it shows how stylistic quirks can catch on like wildfire when critique and a mind toward objectivity are discouraged.
Originally Posted by maomao1980
The cuteness of the flower is the exact reason I bought one, and the exact reason why I've never worn it.
Originally Posted by foo roops
My, my, my faux sprez hits me so hard Makes me say oh my Lord Thank you for blessing me With an ego to brog and VASS shod feet It feels good when dudes bob your knob This superdope homeboy don’t wear no Lobb An iThug known as such And this is a beat, uh, you can't cuss I told you MaoMao, you can't cuss this gshen that's how just saying and you know you can't cuss this Look at my camo man you can't cuss this You know let me bust the HK Spalla Camicci’ you can't cuss this Freshly scuffed kicks, 5cm cuffed pants You gotta like that, now you know PG don’t dance So move out of my seat Stalk a fly girl and catch this beat 40 yr old virgin, hold on Hold my tote while I check what's going on Like that, like that Felt lapel flower so pull on back Let em know that you're too much And this is my B.V., uh, you can't cuss M8 I told you, you can't cuss this Why you standing there m8 you can't kop this Yo sound the bells Samsonite case sold out you can't cuss this Give me a Men’s Ex or Leon Making 'em guess that's what I'm giving 'em Now they know when you talk about GW You talk about a sales guy that's hyped and full of shite Birthday girls are bored so pass them a mic Or a brog to learn What's it gonna take on SF to burn The fits? Legit Either try too hard or you might as well quit That's word because you know You can't cuss this (oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh) You can't cuss this (oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh) Break it down (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) Stop Leica time Go with the fake, it is said That if you can't DTO this then you probably are dead So wave your bro beads in the air Bust a few seams, run your fingers through your hair This is it, for a whiner Don’t have a scarf, use a sweater Move, slide your rump Just for a minute forget I’m a chump Chump, chump, chump yeah You can't cuss this Look m8 you can't cuss this You'll probably get hyped boy 'Cause you know you can't, you can't cuss this Ring the bell school's back in, break it down (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) Stop Leica time (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) (Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh) (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) you can't cuss this (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) you can't cuss this (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) you can't cuss this (Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) break it down (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) Stop Leica time Every time you see me That PG's just so hype Writing bad captions, folding squares all night Now why would I ever stop doing this? With others posting fits that just don't hit I toured my little world from Sydney to HKG It's PG go PG El GW yo El GW and the rest can go and play You can't cuss this (oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) You can't cuss this (oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh) You can't cuss this (oh-oh oh-oh-oh) Yeah chobo you can't cuss this I told you luk-cha you can't cuss this (oh-oh oh-oh-oh) Rake mag can't cuss this Scarlet Johanssen can't cuss this (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
thetruthisoutthere.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads