• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's too bad - I hope Mina can fix the collar problem quickly. That's a very basic fit issue.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I think the collar is low, which can be fixed (she should have an ocean of this cloth). It does not stick to the neck as well as I think it should. It just "feels" off or different, it's hard to put into words. It feels like it wants to be open at the chest and like it is slipping off, backward. I constantly want to tug it up and forward. Solito/A&S/Raphael by constrast rest on my frame exactly as I think they should.

I am tempted to say that it feels "straight" whereas it ought to be "crooked."

I would think it sounds like it's the other way round, a crooked cut throws extra length to the lapels and center front, which sounds like what you're describing, whereas a straight cut throws extra length to the scye.

olnhelnk

Reaction score
I have just found out that Karl Matthews is charging £1800 for a two piece suit.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olnhelnk
I have just found out that Karl Matthews is charging £1800 for a two piece suit.

Is he still working for Anderson and doing a bit of freelance or has he left the building?

I have to find the way to ask without asking..

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is he still working for Anderson and doing a bit of freelance or has he left the building?

I have to find the way to ask without asking..

You could just send him a FB message.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I noticed on his blog a (former?) A&S apprentice modeling a few coats. Did that guy leave with Karl?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is all interesting news. Little did I know what I was doing when I first mentioned his name back on 1 April 2006 over at AAAC days.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olnhelnk

Do you know where he is based and if the price includes VAT?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmarotta83
Karl is no longer with A&S.

I went for my fitting today and he is not working there anymore.

It sounds like he was doing a bit of business on the side...

Good luck to him..

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appearently one SF member (not I) was corresponding with Karl as much as 5 years ago.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
It sounds like he was doing a bit of business on the side...

So, he was asked to leave?

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I noticed on his blog a (former?) A&S apprentice modeling a few coats. Did that guy leave with Karl?

Do you have a link to his blog? Only his facebook is showing up on google.

I'm impressed with his facebook album. I don't know if he's technically as skilled at cutting as the other A&S guys but he certainly has an eye for youthful style. I really dig the mid-blue DB (linen?) that he's modeling in one of the pics

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Do you have a link to his blog? Only his facebook is showing up on google.

I'm impressed with his facebook album. I don't know if he's technically as skilled at cutting as the other A&S guys but he certainly has an eye for youthful style. I really dig the mid-blue DB (linen?) that he's modeling in one of the pics

Sorry - I meant his FB album and not his blog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads