• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help! H&M Lanvin Men's Jacket Question.

seamusheaney

Reaction score
Dear Peoples,

I have a question that has been niggling away for so long that I had to become a member of this site to try to get to the bottom of the issue... so... no pressure(!)

In the Lanvin H&M collab there was a blazer - in two colours midnight blue and beige - it had satin lapels and a stitched in pocket square - right?

Okay now this is the thing - I have only ever seen these two colours... however in one blog - http://therecessionista.blogspot.com...vin-for-h.html - the author has included a picture of the blazer in a third colour, tan.

Has anyone else come across this version?

Do you know why it wasn't publicised on the H&M website.

If my ramblings don't make sense go to google.com and type "lanvin h&m men's jacket" and search the images.

2mo15jn.jpg

Answers?

Yours seamusheaney

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this spam?

Why would you want an H&M jacket--especially one with a sewn-in pocket square?

The only thing H&M is good for is if you ever need single-use clothes.

Jay

Reaction score
Regardless of the reason H&M didn't publicize the jacket (it may have only been sold in west coast stores, etc), all the Lanvin items sold out on the first day and your only hope of finding the jacket will be on eBay, probably at an inflated price.

H&M makes decent and stylish clothes relative to their prices, and they last for years if you just line/hang dry them.

seamusheaney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay
Regardless of the reason H&M didn't publicize the jacket (it may have only been sold in west coast stores, etc), all the Lanvin items sold out on the first day and your only hope of finding the jacket will be on eBay, probably at an inflated price.

H&M makes decent and stylish clothes relative to their prices, and they last for years if you just line/hang dry them.

I don't actually want to buy it - I bought the beige one - I'm just curious. Why would they do that exactly?

Jared7

Reaction score
That's clearly the blue blazer under yellow lighting.

JG000

Reaction score
Sounds like a demo. I'm guessing a few were made in the production stages, but never mass produced for public consumption.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads