• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Mick - What are your thoughts on the Alden DC store? Going by there tomorrow afternoon.

I have dealt with them and they are great. I ordered the cigar cap toes, but ended up returning them bc of fit and style issues, but they really are great looking boots. Joe and Kathy over there are great.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
I have dealt with them and they are great. I ordered the cigar cap toes, but ended up returning them bc of fit and style issues, but they really are great looking boots. Joe and Kathy over there are great.

Should I ask for them and tell them you sent me?

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Calling all Bay Area Alden fans!
Friday evening at Unionmade in San Francisco will be a special Alden event. Nate Humble from Alden will be in store to answer questions, help with sizing, and share samples and pictures with you. Unionmade will also be previewing their Spring Alden assortment and taking pre-orders. Hope you can make it!
aldeninvited1.jpg

eightdouble

Reaction score
grabbed my chromexcel chukkas this morning. really excited about them.

cxlchukka2.jpg

cxlchukka3.jpg

cxlchukka.jpg

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
grabbed my chromexcel chukkas this morning. really excited about them. ]

Those looks great. Mine are still on their way I guess...**** takes so long to ship up here in Canada.

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue collar
Those looks great. Mine are still on their way I guess...**** takes so long to ship up here in Canada.

yeah, i paid for express shipping because i travel for work and i am only home for like a day and a half and i wanted them before i left town again.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
yeah, i paid for express shipping because i travel for work and i am only home for like a day and a half and i wanted them before i left town again.

Stange, I paid express too. I wanted to have the tracking number to follow it. Mind you i live in Toronto so it's on the other side of north america, but when i try and track the package it still says ins enroute from Leather Soul...oh well patience i guess.

xr4ti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2iqmzvm.jpg

erc2a0.jpg

Alden for J Crew
redface.gif

I have been back and forth on whether to pick these up, after this pick I ordered them. I thank you but my checking account does not.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those chukkas look great. Is the sole nice and flexible with the oiled leather sole. I am looking forward to a pair, but need to wait until Tom does another order to get my size in the Barrie.

triumphman

Reaction score
need your opinions on which to pull the trigger on...

both are corodovan color 8 / barrie last / commando sole

cap toe (these are not well represented in this pic)
al-4060hcfs.jpg

indy
indy.jpg

I originally wanted the cap toe's as i prefer this styling, but the indy's look good too (moc toe styling is ok)

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
Those chukkas look great. Is the sole nice and flexible with the oiled leather sole. I am looking forward to a pair, but need to wait until Tom does another order to get my size in the Barrie.

yeah, they are really flexible. comfy shoes (even though i am only wearing them around the house since chicago is frozen up)

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triumphman

al-4060hcfs.jpg

indy
indy.jpg

I originally wanted the cap toe's as i prefer this styling, but the indy's look good too (moc toe styling is ok)

i think the cap toe would look better with suits and dressier looks and the indy looks better with casual wear. so what do you see yourself wearing more of?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triumphman

al-4060hcfs.jpg

indy
indy.jpg

I have both, except my captoe is on the plaza last which I prefer. I get about equal wear for both but if I had to choose one, I would go with the captoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads