• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ski Packages

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will there be crying involved?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Any good sites to check out ski packages? Would like to go early 2011. Me and one other person. Preferring East Coast.

your best bet may be the web sites of the mountains you are considering. they tend to be pretty competitive.

PS why would you prefer the east coast? you'll be skiing on ice in early 2011.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The east coast has bunny hills. Hitting up Colorado might be cheapest flights wise for you.

Edit: I don't actually know about the East Coast, but that's what I've heard.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK see, I don't really know how this **** works. I've never skied in the US. Was thinking being an east coaster might be easier to deal with east coast slopes. So where should I be looking at for late Jan/Feb.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
OK see, I don't really know how this **** works. I've never skied in the US. Was thinking being an east coaster might be easier to deal with east coast slopes. So where should I be looking at for late Jan/Feb.

what is your ability and how much are you looking to spend? how many days do you want to get in? is your goal to ski hard and be exhausted at night or ski and party?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
what is your ability and how much are you looking to spend? how many days do you want to get in? is your goal to ski hard and be exhausted at night or ski and party?

Me and the other person aren't great at all. wanted to do like a m-thursday type of deal. ski and party. spending as little as possible for a nice mountain.

clubbyjones

Reaction score
I started skiing last March; This march, I will be going to Breckenridge for my fourth time since starting to ski again. I'm hooked. I can't recommend Breckenridge (or Vail) as a better place to start. Let me know if you head up to CO in March-

freeAgent

Reaction score
Depending on how cheap you want to go, you may want to consider flying into SLC and staying there. Rent a car and drive daily to either Alta/Snowbird or Park City/The Canyons/Deer Valley. Deer Valley is probably the best for beginners and ski school, but it's also the farthest away from SLC and the on-mountain dining options are the most expensive of the places I listed.

It is not worth flying to go skiing on the East Coast. Trust me.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freeAgent
Depending on how cheap you want to go, you may want to consider flying into SLC and staying there. Rent a car and drive daily to either Alta/Snowbird or Park City/The Canyons/Deer Valley. Deer Valley is probably the best for beginners and ski school, but it's also the farthest away from SLC and the on-mountain dining options are the most expensive of the places I listed.

It is not worth flying to go skiing on the East Coast. Trust me.

he said they want to party as well as ski.

freeAgent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
he said they want to party as well as ski.
Yeah, you do have to deal with the whole Mormon-land thing, but there's decent partying in Park City. It's also lower altitude than Colorado which means partying is easier to do. However, you would obviously run into driving problems if you stay in SLC. There are some pretty cheap places around Park City and there is bus service between Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons. The places I've gone skiing on the East Coast have no partying to speak of that I remember because they're almost entirely day-trip destinations.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm from the EC, and have to say you should go west. Weather and everything is so variable here, and the snow not of great quality. Head west, Whistler, Banff, so much greatness. If you're sticking to the east, there's really only Mt Tremblant. It's easily the best on the coast (imho), but still nothing on the west.

As you can tell, my experience is limited to Canada, anything south of the border I'm :roma:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ and Mt Tremblant is freaking expensive.

Nothing east coast is going to be any good, but vail, keystone, breck are all fairly pricey. You'll do good to get out for 600-1000 before plane tickets and for those prices you'd probably be in a small hotel room.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
^^^ and Mt Tremblant is freaking expensive.

Nothing east coast is going to be any good, but vail, keystone, breck are all fairly pricey. You'll do good to get out for 600-1000 before plane tickets and for those prices you'd probably be in a small hotel room.

East-coast is about the same expense as anything west (outside of lodging), but the west has better snow, elevation, and everything basically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads