• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightdouble

Reaction score
i got home a little late to have my CXL chukkas delivered by the postman today.

i have to go grab them from the post office tomorrow.

i'm like a kid on christmas eve right now.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heya'...my Context Tankers in #8 shell just caught up with me (shipping and travel issues) and as excited as I was to get them, think I'm going to be selling. They are new, no creases. One shoe was tried on for GF and a friend. Between the three of us, we all thought it made my foot look big. Beautiful boots but just not for me...damn.
Anyway, will be listing on B&S for $600 firm if paypal gift and +4% if not.

They are size 9 D

phantomx48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2iqmzvm.jpg

erc2a0.jpg

Alden for J Crew
redface.gif

Those where on my feet today. . .the suede is so soft and the crepe sole was perfect for my 10 hour day.

monologuist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2iqmzvm.jpg

erc2a0.jpg

Alden for J Crew
redface.gif

On their website, this boot looks a bit "distressed"...especially from the side view....in your pic it doesn't appear to be so. Can you confirm?

Also, I don't know if you used a coupon or not, but can anyone tell me how it is possible to purchase Aldens from J.Crew using any discount code or coupon? It seems like people keep mentioning this possibility, but whenever they have a sale, they take the Aldens offline?

monologuist

Reaction score
oh...and I have been so taken by the crepe soles on my new LSBH Natty CXL Longwings that I most definitely want to add a pair of boots that have them.

Is anyone aware of any previous or upcoming boot make-ups that have crepe soles? I am only aware of this J.Crew, the Roy boot, and the LS Shell and Suede PT boots...

I dig the LS Navy Suede PT boots...Tom, are these coming down the pipeline any time? Any other crepe-soled boots at all coming soon? How about a gunmetal suede jumper boot with crepe sole?

king*stink

Reaction score
I think Jcrew caught on to people getting discounts when coupons weren't supposed to work. Now they always pull their collabos off the site during a special sales. They told me that Alden sets the price and they can't offer them at a discounted rate. I think you will have to make a friend at Jcrew to get their employee discount.

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by monologuist
Also, I don't know if you used a coupon or not, but can anyone tell me how it is possible to purchase Aldens from J.Crew using any discount code or coupon? It seems like people keep mentioning this possibility, but whenever they have a sale, they take the Aldens offline?

sometimes their catalogs ship with a 20% coupon inside, which (i believe) states on it that you cannot use it on alden and other brands, but it works on them anyway.

so if you get a 20% coupon then you can get that discount.

eightdouble

Reaction score
also, tom if you read this:

any plans on a restock/pre-order of the cordovan ranger shoe in 2011?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom, I ask again:

Originally Posted by NorCal
Why don't you make any of the cool special models in an E width?

Is it even possible to special order them?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Tom, I ask again:

Is it even possible to special order them?

Sorry I didn't see your post. Here's the truth. It's because from a business standpoint it makes sense to only order Ds. I know it's frustrating. I take an E or EE and sometimes I open a box of new shoes and I'm like, "DAMN, why didn't I order an E for myself?!?!" If you contact us and the timing is right we'd be happy to add your size to our order. As we grow though it gets harder and harder to accommodate. I wish I could order every size for every person but it's impossible. We've been trying to have preorders...we're up to #20 so far. We haven't had one in a couple months because the backlog at the factory is immense and we're just too busy in store to organize a preorder. It's also very difficult for us because not everyone is happy with a 6-12 month wait. Some people expect special ordered shoes in 2-4 months but that is impossible for us. All I can say is check back to the website, we'll try to have one every month or two from January going forward, or shoot me an email from time to time to see what I'm ordering next.

colins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
far far far better than the indys
+1

Does/has any vendor make/made boots that are styled the same as Context's Roy, but in a chromexcel color other than oxblood?

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Sorry I didn't see your post. Here's the truth. It's because from a business standpoint it makes sense to only order Ds. I know it's frustrating. I take an E or EE and sometimes I open a box of new shoes and I'm like, "DAMN, why didn't I order an E for myself?!?!" If you contact us and the timing is right we'd be happy to add your size to our order. As we grow though it gets harder and harder to accommodate. I wish I could order every size for every person but it's impossible. We've been trying to have preorders...we're up to #20 so far. We haven't had one in a couple months because the backlog at the factory is immense and we're just too busy in store to organize a preorder. It's also very difficult for us because not everyone is happy with a 6-12 month wait. Some people expect special ordered shoes in 2-4 months but that is impossible for us. All I can say is check back to the website, we'll try to have one every month or two from January going forward, or shoot me an email from time to time to see what I'm ordering next.

I feared this might be the response. Its a bummer because even the standard Aldens E width sized offerings are so limited.

I'm almost tempted to just cram my feet into those beautiful Jcrew snuff suede/crepe soles pictured above...

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Alden DC has some cigar captoe boots on the Grant last with the commando sole. Beautiful boots.

Mick - What are your thoughts on the Alden DC store? Going by there tomorrow afternoon.

Vinneus

Reaction score
I also own those JCrew snuff plain toes.... not distressed in anyway, pair on the site may be slightly worn. and i was able to use a coupon, i got a special JCrew card 30% anything and got em for $315!
2wf0cy0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads