• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
newshoes006800x600.jpg
Lots of dealers offer a black wingtip blucher in shell and/or calf- Alden of Carmel, Shoemart etc...perhaps not on the Leydon last...but it is a pretty common shoe... You should try emailing them- I have had pretty good success with that: [email protected]

Thanks...I plan on visiting my local (Washington DC) Alden store to see what they have to offer. At the very least, figure out my size since this will be my first Alden shoe purchase. Here's to hoping that they have a good selection. Do Alden shoes fit uniformly across the board? Just curious because I keep hearing about shoes with different lasts, etc.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Do Alden shoes fit uniformly across the board? Just curious because I keep hearing about shoes with different lasts, etc.

Now that is funny.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13

Anybody know what Alden is charging for a resole these days? How about turnaround time? I know I could call them, but they never answer their phone and I'm often not able to take a call back so it makes it tough.

$145.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Now that is funny.

smile.gif
I'm was curious because so many of you are ordering shoes from Leather Soles, ShoeMart and Alden of Carmel, etc.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuttingboard;3874496 said:
Originally Posted by Thor
Happy B-day to me...couldn't resist the call of the Shell...

They are so friggin' gorgeous that I almost do not want to wear them...almost
smile.gif

From AofC on the leydon last:

Gorgeous boot, does this style come in a regular shoe?

I need a nice pair of black wingtips to wear with suits?

Happy Birthday to you. Great gift!

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
alden x ls anny chukka boot
I love that shoe. Do those fit properly? Maybe a little big on the right foot?
eh.gif

Good to see you around bro. Pretty cold out.

Originally Posted by rick
its funny what people like and don't like. i love my indy's i got the LS ultimate indy from tom. wore them this weekend and got 4 poeple who said wow those are great boots.
I love my Ultimate Indy's. Clearly stands out in a crowd.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
$145.
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY FIVE DOLLARS?!

I kin get a whole pair of shoes for that!
tounge.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahab;3875377 said:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
I love that shoe. Do those fit properly? Maybe a little big on the right foot?
eh.gif

Good to see you around bro. Pretty cold out.

nah fits perfectly ... prolly angle of pic and iphone combo

actually my right foot is a wee bit bigger than left

yes its freaking freezing ... we need to do another SF reunion

king*stink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrythedog
hey king stink,

checkout the leather soul page, they have a beautiful natty long wing!!!

Yeah I saw them but I just don't like the look of the crepe sole. If it wasn't for that I would have already placed my order.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike f
Here are some poor pics of a new pair of Indy's in natural chrom....

IMG_0347.jpg

I really love these. First, they don't have the typical boxy looking moc toe, there is no stitching and they actually look more tailored or sleek. Second, the sole and heel treatment is far different. They are still heavy but sleek. The description of the shoe says the sole and heel is neoprene and cork, but it's a lot different than the Indy as can be seen. Actually has the appearance of an oiled leather.

IMG_0349.jpg

I'm really pleased I got these before they were gone and hope Alden does more in this pattern.

Please forgive the poor photo skills.

If anyone has these in a 10D, and need to unload them, I'll take them. These are terrific boots..

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
$145.

Hello Tom,

I heard on the forums that Alden will no longer size down a width when they recraft a shoe. Can you confirm this?

phantomx48

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a retailer that has a cigar boot with commando sole for sale? It can be any type of boot, but just looking for that cigar goodness with a winter sole. Tried the usual places but have come up empty. Or if you have one for sale let me know (US11-11.5).

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
Can anyone point me to a retailer that has a cigar boot with commando sole for sale? It can be any type of boot, but just looking for that cigar goodness with a winter sole. Tried the usual places but have come up empty. Or if you have one for sale let me know (US11-11.5).

Alden DC has some cigar captoe boots on the Grant last with the commando sole. Beautiful boots.

cimabue

Reaction score
Is there anyone following this thread who's an employee at Alden? It'd be really cool to hear from someone making these great shoes and boots. I think they'd enjoy rockstar status around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads