• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

aridhol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NIVLAK
Has anyone gotten charged for not returning the original order after receiving a remake?

I had mine for the entire time before I got the original and was not charged. I have recently returned both and they still have not refunded me (~10 days ago).

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stoltenberg1
Thanks Raphael for your reply. Your comments are much appreciated. I have applied for another remake which I fell a bit apprehensive about (more sympathetic than anything), but that seems to be a trend with Indochino. Hopefully this will be it.

It's strange that your jacket pockets would do that; are they functional pockets? In regards to your sleeves, are you going to just have them adjusted by your tailor? I wonder if they offer different pocket style for the pants (that would be nice)?

No problem. I was supposed to go by today, but I haven't had time. I'm going to go in tomorrow. I have a choice between an independent tailor I'm unfamiliar with, or TipTop Tailors. The latter doesn't sell great suits, but at least they're in the same business. I would imagine their tailors are well-educated in suit alterations. Plus, my father's had bad luck with random tailors several times in the past. They don't need to hold up their reputation unlike a chain after all.

It's not my jacket pockets, but my peacoat pockets. They bulge out. I ordered it a while ago and never used it since the weather was still nice. Now I realize, and have been told by a few people that the shoulders are massive (they really are. I look like an upside down triangle wearing it). I hope they'll consider a remake at this point. It's my fault for not being careful. I was preoccupied with perfecting the suit. I'm going to ask the tailors if they can deal with slimming the sleeves. I'm not sure if my alterations will fall within the cost, but I'm counting on it.

My jacket pockets are actually functional. I asked them to open them up.

raphael__n

Reaction score
LivingSocial is currently offering a $50 for $150 worth of Indochino apparel coupon. I think this is the highest one they've released yet beating Groupon by an extra $25 worth of merchandise. I already had two friends who were interested and bought one. I need one more referral to qualify for a free purchase if anyone's interested
devil.gif

LorenzL

Reaction score
Seems they are really trying to clear out as much stock as possible - looks good in the balance sheet if the inventory is low and brings in some cash-flow as well... and makes space for the new collection - 13 new suits is really quite something, I'm curious (release date 8th)

halfspec

Reaction score
Just got my remake today and so far I am very happy.

Just to recap I ordered a I got a 3 piece charcoal suit with high arm holes and natural shoulders. This is how the original looked:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1167
This is the post I made when I found out how many of my measurements Indochino "adjusted" before making my first suit:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1201

Thankfully, this time they listened to me and made it the way I asked them too. I was also happy that they read my note attached to the remake measurements and made me a vest with a plain cloth back. Also, they let me keep the surgeons cuffs
biggrin.gif

Here are some shots including two raised arm pics for the folks that requested it (raised arm holes).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

All in all I'm pretty happy, especially considering I had to be my own tailor :\\
The shoulders and chest fit me very well. The sleeves look right. My trousers may be a tiny bit on the long side, but they are not unwearable. The waist suppression is MILES better and really makes suit now!

Disappointed with the first attempt, but now I'm happy
smile.gif

Lane

halfspec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
looks pretty cool, congrats! are the shoulders perhaps a bit too wide? or perhaps you just have broad shoulders.

Haha! I would like to think I have broad shoulders after spending 4 days a week in the gym for the last year, but they could be slightly too big. I measured myself with a 42" chest measurement and a 19" shoulder. 40L OTR suits used to fit me pretty well before I started hitting the gym, but now they're a little too snug up top. My 40L suit had pretty decent 18.5" shoulders which is what I based the indochino measurements off of for my first suit. When the first suit came it, they seemed pretty good, but I took another .5" off for the remake leaving me with a 18" shoulder just to be sure. I think the bunching at the top is mostly due to me keeping my arms slightly away from my hips in the pictures, to highlight the waist suppression. When my arms are at full rest the ends of my shoulders are completely flush with the arms without any rippling
smile.gif

Forgot to mention I also added .5" to the jacket length and I'm glad I did
biggrin.gif

Lane

raphael__n

Reaction score
Well, I got annoyed with waiting for someone to find the lost camera so I took matters into my own hands. More specifically, terrible teenager style mirror photos with a phone camera. It doesn't show all that well in the photos, but the shoulders are still too big for me. I can't figure out how much to have them taken in. Maybe 1/2" or 1/4"? They slope down on my shoulders which isn't reflected too well in the photos. The arms also seem too wide (because they decided to increase the width), and the length looks a tad short as well. I know I'm being nitpicky here, but these measurements decide my next suit as well. What do you guys think? P.S. It's late, and I quickly threw it on. I realize the shirt isn't ironed and linen is a pain. EDIT: I've made the following assumptions so far: - 1/4 or 1/2" at shoulders (currently 15.25" with natural shoulders) - the shoulder seems to fit well on one end only. If I shift it over a bit, it switches to the other side, which makes me think a minor reduction of 1/4" will do the trick. This can be seen on the picture taken from behind where the right shoulder is sloping down while the left is up. - 1/4" at biceps and wrist (currently 11" and 7") + 1/4" at hips (currently 32.5") + 1/4 or 1/2" at jacket length (currently 26.5") - I'm not sure if 1/2" is too much. For comparison, the 4th picture shows the length of my first jacket which is 1" longer than this one. Optional: - 1/4" at waist (unnecessary, but it may look better with a tad more suppression?) This will be my final remake (just the jacket) since the length seems problematic, and that cannot be altered to be longer. I just realized that Indochino took my original length reduction request of 0.5" and made it 1" shorter. Any thoughts would be very helpful. The tailors in Calgary seem very incompetent. They told me my first supersized suit was fine...

Reaction score
New to the forum(as a poster) And just wanted to ask how many have had positive experiences of the look of the fabric? I feel the look of the fabric is no1 for me, as my local tailor could fix the small(hopefully) problems that arise with the fit.

some more daring patterns etc would be awesome for the december line to have, I was thinking of getting a suit for new years, now that seems way too optimistic.

Is it a good idea to ship out for just a couple of shirts, to get the fit right before sending for´suits/jackets? how many have taken that approach?

Also; are there any competitors to indochino that have maybe just a little bit better quality fabric but relatively similair prices otherwise? Also; is there a commonly percieved best MTM shirt company online? (been reading almost the entire thread, and this hasnt been discussed that much)

Will probably order from december collection if I find something good there, the previous concern about shoulders is a big one for me as I have broad shoulders and a thin waist. what was the final verdict on that? the CEO said it was being adressed. result?

Sincerely, David(this was my fourth try for a username, rigouros registration ftl)
plain.gif

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Approveusername
New to the forum(as a poster) And just wanted to ask how many have had positive experiences of the look of the fabric? I feel the look of the fabric is no1 for me, as my local tailor could fix the small(hopefully) problems that arise with the fit.

some more daring patterns etc would be awesome for the december line to have, I was thinking of getting a suit for new years, now that seems way too optimistic.

Is it a good idea to ship out for just a couple of shirts, to get the fit right before sending for´suits/jackets? how many have taken that approach?

Also; are there any competitors to indochino that have maybe just a little bit better quality fabric but relatively similair prices otherwise? Also; is there a commonly percieved best MTM shirt company online? (been reading almost the entire thread, and this hasnt been discussed that much)

Will probably order from december collection if I find something good there, the previous concern about shoulders is a big one for me as I have broad shoulders and a thin waist. what was the final verdict on that? the CEO said it was being adressed. result?

Sincerely, David(this was my fourth try for a username, rigouros registration ftl)
plain.gif

Hey David,

I'm digging the username
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the forum. I'm still a newbie here myself, but I've found the folks here very helpful and generous in giving honest and truthful advice.

Regarding the fabric quality, it was discussed a small amount earlier in the thread with the idea that the cheaper fabrics tend to be disappointing, whereas the high-end ones are really something special for the price.

I wouldn't bother going down the shirt route to get a proper fit. Since you have a perfect fit guarantee, you're not risking being stuck with a badly fitted suit. But in terms of competitors, I heard good things about Jantzen and Modern Tailor for shirts. However, I'm sticking with Indochino due to the perfect fit guarantee, and I find the nearly excessive amount of groupbuy coupons they are now selling to make the shirt pricing very worthwhile. Shirt pricing = $79 - 99. Current Indochino group buys = $50 for $125 or $150, depending on which you find. Currently, you can access both of these in today's deal. Montreal's LivingSocial has the $150 version.

There are competitors that can provide equal or better quality at a nearby price range, but buying online MTM is very risky without a perfect fit guarantee. There is one other company I heard of called Tailor4Less that offers a similar policy, but I have no experience with them. In my experience, Indochino's pricing is the best on the market if you take advantage of their coupon codes.

As for shoulders, I strongly recommend going with the natural shoulders option. I much prefer it. While I do not have broad shoulders, my waist is very thin making my shoulders appear broad in relation. In that regard, heavily padded shoulders look ridiculous on me.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Approveusername

Definitely wouldn't expect to have a finished suit by new years. You'll get the first draft by then but from reading this thread it seems you only maybe have a 1 in 10 (or 20) chance of it being close enough to wear right away. And no tailor will be able to do anything but minor work before new years with the holidays and all.

I'm happy with my first suit from them now, for sure. But I ordered it on November 9 and by the time the tailor dealt with the pants and vest and the jacket was remade by Indochino, it was December 3. Still pretty good for a proper fitting MTM suit, I'd say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics