• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

Sir.Jacobs

Reaction score
Nice jackets, Axelman!
drool.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Finally got around to posting my Chan damage to date:

Sportcoats:

300.jpg

Suits:

301.jpg

Bonus shot of Chan sportcoat in the wild:

299.jpg

Axle,

Gorgeous set! After B-school, I'm going to reward myself with my very first Chan! What do you do for a living b/c that is a quite expensive collection? Also, why so many grey suits?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Also, why so many grey suits?

One can not have too many grey suits.
teacha.gif

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Axle,

Also, why so many grey suits?

While the suits may look similar in the pictures, they are actually very different and serve different purposes. The sharkskin is a year round weight, conservative, wardrobe staple. The light grey is lighter weight and is meant to be a conservative suit for the warmer months. Both are done with flap pockets. The flannel is heavy for colder months and meant to be a bit more casual, it has patch pockets.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
While the suits may look similar in the pictures, they are actually very different and serve different purposes. The sharkskin is a year round weight, conservative, wardrobe staple. The light grey is lighter weight and is meant to be a conservative suit for the warmer months. Both are done with flap pockets. The flannel is heavy for colder months and meant to be a bit more casual, it has patch pockets.

Very nice Axelman - do I see an angled shoulder on the Bill jacket?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldcava
Mea Culpa.. almost used the airbrush tool on my feet.

May also want to make sure you wear a proper long sleeve shirt to your fittings next time; will help you get a better sense of how it will come out (unless you wear your suits with short sleeve shirts of course, but that would be an entirely different discussion in itself).

bcate3

Reaction score
Total Noob here, but found Styleforum in researching my recent trip to HK..

Here's what I have so far - still waiting for my shipment (just got back Monday)

Comments so far - realize that this was the first fitting (didn't snap pics on the second fitting)

Loro Piana fabric - was my first bespoke suit experience - so am anxiously awaiting the finished product.

Coldcava, who are the guys measuring you? Were Patrick and Arnold out on tour?

Coldcava

Reaction score
I was there (Hong Kong) initially on the 22nd of November (that picture was on the 24th, and the final fitting was on the 25th), and it does appear that they had tour dates on the 21st and 22nd in San Francisco. Even on return visits the 24th and 25th, it was primarily those two guys, along with an older gentleman who handled the womens line (irene?) who were there.

It was a little hectic on my first appointment, and formal introductions never were made, or if they were I don't recall.

So, I take it you are concerned that unfamiliar faces may have handled the fitting while the main protagonists were over in San Fran? In HK, would you have expected Patrick and Arnold as well?

Well, I'll post back with the final product, with a proper shirt (maybe one of the Ascot Chang's I had made while there) and shoes..

bcate3

Reaction score
So, I take it you are concerned that unfamiliar faces may have handled the fitting while the main protagonists were over in San Fran? In HK, would you have expected Patrick and Arnold as well?

Well, I'll post back with the final product, with a proper shirt (maybe one of the Ascot Chang's I had made while there) and shoes..

I wasn't suggesting that I had concern. I've never been to the HK shop, so I'm not familiar with anyone there besides the traveling team. Was curious though about who has the con when Patrick's gone. Maybe some of the HK members here can weigh in on their familiarity with the other Chan tailors.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
One can not have too many grey suits.
teacha.gif

I support this message. Also, blue, brown, tan, and cream.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads