• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
OK got a hold of Bourbon County stout, 2010 and 2008, and it made me wish for the 2009. 2008 was a bit too sweet, and 2010 needed to mellow a little more
plain.gif

Props to City Beer for actually getting them. Crazy high alcohol content tho. A bit too hot for easy enjoying. Definitely a sipping beer.

Sooooo beer month in the Bay is coming in Feb. Anyone up for trades? Pliny the Younger, anyone?
devil.gif

Want!

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Austrian beer by the name of "Gosser" or Turkish "Efes", both great hands down
smile.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bells Special Double Cream Stout - Incredibly raisiny! Def. not a daily drinker, but I like it a lot.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Did you just "OMG" mead?! Hahaha...

You bet your ass I did.

MasterOfReality

Reaction score
Usually drink Bitburger, Warsteiner, Little Creatures Pale Ale or Zywiec.

At the local Belgian beer joint they have one called Judas - love it.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK got a hold of Bourbon County stout, 2010 and 2008, and it made me wish for the 2009. 2008 was a bit too sweet, and 2010 needed to mellow a little more
plain.gif

Props to City Beer for actually getting them. Crazy high alcohol content tho. A bit too hot for easy enjoying. Definitely a sipping beer.

Sooooo beer month in the Bay is coming in Feb. Anyone up for trades? Pliny the Younger, anyone?
devil.gif

What do you want and how much?
drool.gif

socialdtk

Reaction score
I'd being willing to trade anything in the picture below for Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger, or Bourbon County stout.
2pte2s4.jpg

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with everyone and these bottles of Bitches Brew? I know they re-released it, but I swear since that first episode on TV, everyone and their mother has come on out offering it up like it's worth more than the $9.99 they paid for it. It's not even that good too...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure they only let you have Pliny the Younger in growlers - I don't think they bottle it. At least, the last time I checked two years ago...will have to make some calls...
smile.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure they only let you have Pliny the Younger in growlers - I don't think they bottle it. At least, the last time I checked two years ago...will have to make some calls...
smile.gif

I already know what I have in mind too...I'll take a growler if that's all I can get!

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
What's with everyone and these bottles of Bitches Brew? I know they re-released it, but I swear since that first episode on TV, everyone and their mother has come on out offering it up like it's worth more than the $9.99 they paid for it. It's not even that good too...
Its all about that episode. Dogfishhead in general doesn't really impress me.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
tooch, so how did your arrogant keg go over? picked up a case of half acre yesterday. Also was able to find a new home for my atari carts.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It went well, the whole event did, the keg was a back-up to 3 quarter barrels of amazing home brews our friends did. A Chocolate Coffee Stout, a Vanilla Chocolate Stout, a Rye-P.A. and then the Oaked Arrogant Bastard keg all were consumed in about 4 hours...Good times!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads