• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do my True Religion Jeans look?

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I take my son, who's 4 y/o to a classmates bday today and one of the fathers inquires about the brand of jeans I'm wearing- Which are APC NS. He follows that up with "How much do they run?" Keep in mind this guy is like 40, and asking all these questions from the comfort of his True Religion Ankh jeans. Nonetheless, I reply with the cost, to which he replies "Oh, I thought they would have been nicer, mine were $220" WTF? What does "nicer" have to do with the cost.

When will the douche uniform that is TR ever die?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The douche will never die, for proof see member johnH aka the forum idiot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
VERY misleading thread name...

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
VERY misleading thread name...
Guilty. Thought you saw blood in the water, did ya?

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
So I take my son, who's 4 y/o to a classmates bday today and one of the fathers inquires about the brand of jeans I'm wearing- Which are APC NS. He follows that up with "How much do they run?" Keep in mind this guy is like 40, and asking all these questions from the comfort of his True Religion Ankh jeans. Nonetheless, I reply with the cost, to which he replies "Oh, I thought they would have been nicer, mine were $220" WTF? What does "nicer" have to do with the cost.

When will the douche uniform that is TR ever die?

Dude thinks "decorated" is nice. Why do you care what he thinks?

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Dude thinks "decorated" is nice. Why do you care what he thinks?

Can't really pinpoint why- yet, if given the opportunity I would relish beating him with a Buddha, preferably of granite and bedazzled to make my blows feel at home to him.

East2West

Reaction score
How did you respond after he made that ridiculous comment?

Ruiner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
Yeah, how the f does TR get away with charging so much for their crap?

Prostitution aside, separating fools from their money is the world's oldest profession.

bare bodkin

Reaction score
I try not to let **** get to me, but I always feel a small pain in my balls when I see these jeans out in the wild. And those Merrill "fashion trainers" or whatever the ****.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
There's your mistake.
+a million, never tell people what something costs outside of SF. I rarely tell people where I bought something either. Tell people you got them at goodwill, they are a gift from grandma, anything. I only talk about clothing with people who know what they are talking about, which limits my irl clothing conversations substantially.

morefishscale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Guilty. Thought you saw blood in the water, did ya?

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads