• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this only happen to me?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, khaki pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently
biggrin.gif
. Don´t get me wrong some girls just love it when your different to others, but its that whole " omg i cant believe your 21, you look like 27" comment that gets me >
facepalm.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're doing it wrong.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk.
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, cargo pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently
biggrin.gif
. Don´t get me wrong some girls just love it when your different to others, but its that whole " omg i cant believe your 21, you look like 27" comment that gets me >
facepalm.gif

lol8[1].gif
at a "mature" wardrobe including cargo pants.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
lol "cargo" was meant to be "khaki"
biggrin.gif
, my bad

hobojones

Reaction score
This only happens to you my friend. You are one special guy.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
This only happens to you my friend. You are one special guy.

QFT, most people under guess my age by about 4 years and I dress better than the OP.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Dress well and you should be getting under guessed
lol8[1].gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Dress well and you should be getting under guessed
lol8[1].gif

Then I must be one of the best-dressed guys in SW&D. Most people underestimate my age by about a dozen years.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Maybe, or the hair. Or it could also be because virgins have a youthful naivete about them.

Big T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TourbillonTurk.
Does anyone else get this, especially with girls after they´ve seen you a few times on campus or wherever and you start talking they immediately are so surprised when you tell them your age. They comment on the way you dress and how mature you look. . .Preferring moccasins, khaki pants and casual shirts to hideous abercrombie/holister tee´s,tracksuit bottoms and nike dunks is maturity at its peak apparently
biggrin.gif
facepalm.gif

I'm 58 and usually mistaken for being a decade or more younger (in spite of the baldness).

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Bartender the other night ID'd me and said "Well, I should've known with those glasses and that blazer!"
frown.gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never get ID'd in bars, I just walk in a tux and boom. Insta-respect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads