• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Why don't you make any of the cool special models in an E width?

I think he meant to say "in a C width"
sarcasm.gif

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youyou090
Quality is our Dignity; Service is our Lift.

Not sure what that means, but good for you.

BTW - am I wrong in thinking when I read this crap that the person that responds to it deserves all the bad **** that will befall them? Because I do think that.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
No real estate attorney will go against Bishop Estate here in Hawaii.

Yeah, they own like every parcel of land in Hawaii? (and a bank as I recall
laugh.gif
)

But kudos for you for keeping the price on par with mainland retailers. Almost everything in Hawaii costs more it's quite ridiculous.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
j crew captoe #8 cordo becoming one of my favorite boots. sorry i phone pic.
These are great boots and will look better with age. Great job!

Chomexcel chukkas today.

12310-1.jpg

I thought I would hate these but these look very well thought out. This is a nice shoe.

Here's a quick pic courtesy of Bryan at LSBH:

(I'm pretty sure the color is off...#4 is darker than this picture.)

Sorry I missed out on these. I wantes a black/cigar or a black/ravello saddle but these are special.

Luckily I have a pair of your Black/#8 saddles on order.
devil.gif

These shoes are so tempting Tom. This is exactly what I am into right now.

mad3.jpg

Too bad I got a lot of Christmas gifts for other people on the list.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was debating between the Madison Brown Semi Brgoue Blucher and Cigar Shell LWB. I decided to go for the Cigar LWB.

harrythedog

Reaction score
long time reader, first time poster... was home alone last night, girlfriend was out of town saw the chromexcel chukka;s and called hawaii immediately! let;s just say, if the girlfriend were home it would have been a much cheaper evening!!! thanks, leather soul for offering such a beautiful shoe! 2nd purchase from you guys in under a month.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
I was debating between the Madison Brown Semi Brgoue Blucher and Cigar Shell LWB. I decided to go for the Cigar LWB.
You will love the cigar. Very versatile.
Originally Posted by harrythedog
long time reader, first time poster... was home alone last night, girlfriend was out of town saw the chromexcel chukka;s and called hawaii immediately! let;s just say, if the girlfriend were home it would have been a much cheaper evening!!! thanks, leather soul for offering such a beautiful shoe! 2nd purchase from you guys in under a month.
HEH! Great shoe. Post an update when you get them.

Welcome to the board.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked this question earlier, but didn't get feedback so I thought I would try again.

I currently have a pair of 8.5D Indy boots that fit a bit long in the toe box. I am thinking of going down a half size to an 8, but going with an 8E.

Tom, you have any thoughts on this, or anyone else?

Thanks.

mike f

Reaction score
Here are some poor pics of a new pair of Indy's in natural chrom....

IMG_0347.jpg

I really love these. First, they don't have the typical boxy looking moc toe, there is no stitching and they actually look more tailored or sleek. Second, the sole and heel treatment is far different. They are still heavy but sleek. The description of the shoe says the sole and heel is neoprene and cork, but it's a lot different than the Indy as can be seen. Actually has the appearance of an oiled leather.

IMG_0349.jpg

I'm really pleased I got these before they were gone and hope Alden does more in this pattern.

Please forgive the poor photo skills.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that plain toe Indy boot looks a lot better than the standard Indy boot imo

(though I really don't get the standard Indy boot at all)

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm...beautiful boots but it's not really an Indy without the toe stitching, just a plain toe boot....and also I believe that is an oiled leather sole....not a neoprene/cork sole as found on the Indy. Still very good looking boots that are going to look awesome after some break in.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike f
Here are some poor pics of a new pair of Indy's in natural chrom...

Alright, I confess that my first thought was this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. But I jumped over to the Shoemart site and sure enough!

Nice boot. I also like the natural chromexcel NST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads