• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 300zx1985
be afraid

Originally Posted by davidsstalker
boxing[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
hey you
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

LOL wtf

Urijah1086

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i was joking ... fit looks good but cant tell cuz drape of shirt and bad pic/angle
LOL yes all the belt loops are there (got an extra non attached one actually).I'll try to take a better pics later. I actually might be able to do a 29 but I'm pretty terrified 2 even think about exchanging these for the 29's because the higher rise on those. The 30's are already are pretty tight in the crotch area and I doubt that stretches at all.. How do yall recommend drying these? Hang dry or is machine dry alright? Thanks again.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Mike will tell you to hang dry but I machine dry my chinos cuz I'm lazy and they seem fine.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont dry in machine but only cuz i dont want it all wrinkled ... i think its fine if you want to though.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Sorry to side track the never ending Rivet Chino discussion, but my girl got me a couple of the Johnston lambswool scarves and they are ******* ace. Especially that exploded tartan.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Urijah1086
My Rivet Chinos in British Khaki arrived today! They are amazing fit/quality! Will be ordering another pair on monday. For reference I'm 6' 148 wearing a size 30. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic.

Thanks for posting the pic - they look great! Really glad that you're pleased with them.

Originally Posted by APK
Any update on the suit separates?

Hell yeah, I got two final samples on Friday. Perfect chest, perfect sleeves, perfect armholes, but I'll probably give them a softer shoulder. Heading to the workshop first thing Monday morning to get it sorted. I'm hoping to have full delivery by the end of next week.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
did you get all your belt loops with that?

Zing!

Originally Posted by Urijah1086
LOL yes all the belt loops are there (got an extra non attached one actually).I'll try to take a better pics later. I actually might be able to do a 29 but I'm pretty terrified 2 even think about exchanging these for the 29's because the higher rise on those. The 30's are already are pretty tight in the crotch area and I doubt that stretches at all.. How do yall recommend drying these? Hang dry or is machine dry alright? Thanks again.

Sounds like the 30's are a good fit - you can expect a bit of break in anywhere in the crotch and seat where there's tightness.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Mike will tell you to hang dry but I machine dry my chinos cuz I'm lazy and they seem fine.

It's true, the fabric is tough and can easily take a machine dry.

But our official Epaulet recommendation is washing in cold water and hang drying. It's the best way to get the most life out of cotton garments.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned, but what's the price on the full suit going to be? Also, are they all going to be three-button suits? Maybe I just have brain damage, but I thought the sample I tried on was a two-button jacket.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hell yeah, I got two final [suit] samples on Friday. Perfect chest, perfect sleeves, perfect armholes, but I'll probably give them a softer shoulder. Heading to the workshop first thing Monday morning to get it sorted. I'm hoping to have full delivery by the end of next week.
It'll be worth the wait. I stopped in the Manh store the other day and tried on the jacket. It's excellent. The drape is great. For the price (will defer to Mike on what the final price will be), it's an outrageously good garment. Agree with softening the shoulders. EDIT: The roll Mike mentions below works really well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I know it's been mentioned, but what's the price on the full suit going to be? Also, are they all going to be three-button suits? Maybe I just have brain damage, but I thought the sample I tried on was a two-button jacket.

It will be $365 for the jacket and $185 for the pants - so $550 for the whole thing. It's a 3-to-2 roll front, so you can wear it as either a 3 or 2 button.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About to drop a PM.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love me some soft shoulders, and what a great price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads