• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Reaction score
7VBNCl.jpg

Paul Stuart cap
Crescent Down Works vest
j.crew sweater
RRL jeans
Alden AF53 boots

puddin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bare bodkin
What makes you think he's privileged?

first off, i got nothing against magician, he was a nice dude when i met him at a farinelli's party. and we've got mutual friends so i'm sure he's good people. but i call bullshit when i see it. call him middle class or whatever you want, but he's not from the hood. i'd say most everyone here is privileged.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I'm from Lakehood.

Moo I like that, just need some lighter color to break up all that.

Lotus jacket looks fine, replace tee.

Morgan, nice vest man love that pendleton one did you grab the medium?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by puddin
first off, i got nothing against magician, he was a nice dude when i met him at a farinelli's party. and we've got mutual friends so i'm sure he's good people. but i call bullshit when i see it. call him middle class or whatever you want, but he's not from the hood. i'd say most everyone here is privileged.
First of all yeah I went to high school in a middle class suburb (though if you think being raised by a single mom working for local government and then struggling to pay my own way through community college is growing up privileged well i guess my silver spoon was pretty damn shiny). I've also lived in the deep Baltimore ghetto for awhile. Regardless, some gangster rap is ignorant..not all of it obviously but when I'm playing tracks by Plies, li'l B or Wacka flocka Flame do you really think ignorant is an unfair descriptor? Hell I'm sure it's somewhat self-aware and I'm not calling the artists ignorant just some of the music... but if you think it's unfair to call this ignorant: then I dont even know... Damn.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have a feeling puddin is black based on his posts.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I have a feeling puddin is black based on his posts.
well that bowl ain't filled with tapioca...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
but if you think it's unfair to call this ignorant: then I dont even know...

Oddly enough, Plies is a college boy.

puddin

Reaction score
First of all yeah I went to high school in a middle class suburb (though if you think being raised by a single mom working for local government and then struggling to pay my own way through community college is growing up privileged well i guess my silver spoon was pretty damn shiny). I've also lived in the deep Baltimore ghetto for awhile.

Regardless, some gangster rap is ignorant..not all of it obviously but when I'm playing tracks by Plies, li'l B or Wacka flocka Flame do you really think ignorant is an unfair descriptor? Hell I'm sure it's somewhat self-aware and I'm not calling the artists ignorant just some of the music...

but if you think it's unfair to call this ignorant: then I dont even know...

Damn.

aight well just caught me as an odd sideways comment on music you're playing. i don't really think those artists make ignorant music, actually i think lil b is kinda genius/hilarious. not really a fan of wacka flocka or plies, but i don't really check for them too much either.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that Lil'B is genius/hilarious, still some of his stuff is really dumb even gleefully so. I don't play that music ironically either, I genuinely love it. I think it's often hilarious, it's culturally relevant and somewhat thrilling in its' violation of taboos. that doesn't mean it's not ignorant.

also I definitely dont think all gangsta rap is ignorant, notice how in my post i made a specific distinction between gfunk and the dumb stuff....

and though gangsta rap is an easy place to find ignorant music there's obviously no monopoly there, some of my other favorite genres like underground metal and punk obviously have tons of ignorance too, and yeah I enjoy a lot of that stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
100 miles and runnin set the precedent

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and btw if you want some ghetto living stories ask Jodum5 about the time he visited me at the warehouse I used to squat in.

puddin

Reaction score
Oh and btw if you want some ghetto living stories ask Jodum5 about the time he visited me at the warehouse I used to squat in.

haha will do

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
it's funny how much some here are willing to spend on clothes while residing in what amounts to a slightly more luxurious street-side burrito cart and using a stained couch as a bed, dining set, and writing desk simultaneously.

I have a decent place. Leather couches, nice tv, driftwood table ... but ****** curtains, no rug, ugly walls and a second bedroom full of junk that I want to convert into a dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics