• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jesask
Would I be correct in saying that most would take the same size in the F last as they do in the P2? If so, what are the differences in how they feel? I am liking the look of the P2 as it looks a bit more forgiving to my eye.

F and P2 yes same size for me and I have a pretty average shape foot. I thought I might be able to go down a half size in P2, but no - it looks roomier than F, but not a half size roomier IMO
re: U last - see post 1127 in this thread. I take a half size up on P2 and F, and that is pretty common according to Eiko at Budapester Schuhe. U is tricky as it has a high instep and is narrower and longer than F and P2.
FWIW I think the 5 eye London U is one of the most simply elegant RTW shoes in existence - only surpassed by the 3 eye U in oxblood also by Vass

vasslondon3eyelet8he.jpg

compare it to the Lobbs and C&J in this lineup - it's poetry
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/320...derbies0dk.jpg

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 888style
5005846838_0db196d01d_z.jpg

The most distinct Vass shoe design since Old English 2. Looks like the Chukka boot with a wing tip design and brogueing/punching along the blucher's throat line. Just wondering, how come no design along the entire topline?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take a half size larger in U than F.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LRMD
I tried posting in the main forum about Vass sizing, and nobody responded. I'm gonna buy a pretty great shoe...U last 5 eyelet london derby similar to slewfoot's posted earlier in this thread, except burgundy shell. Problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out precisely what size to get, and I need to order soon or I won't be able to until February. There's no way for me to go try some on.

I fit AE park avenue 8.5D very well. The seller knows how Alden lasts match up with Vass, so even if you can't tell me what U last I would be, an Alden reference will help. Any assistance in this department is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I am an 8.5D in AE and wear a 41 in the U.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this monk in P2 and the Brandy cordovan are just stunning - I like the medallion on the monk, breaks up the vamp, and the silver buckle is cool
photo8sg.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
F and P2 yes same size for me and I have a pretty average shape foot. I thought I might be able to go down a half size in P2, but no - it looks roomier than F, but not a half size roomier IMO
re: U last - see post 1127 in this thread. I take a half size up on P2 and F, and that is pretty common according to Eiko at Budapester Schuhe.

ls heel of P2 last same width as F last?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LRMD
I tried posting in the main forum about Vass sizing, and nobody responded. I'm gonna buy a pretty great shoe...U last 5 eyelet london derby similar to slewfoot's posted earlier in this thread, except burgundy shell. Problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out precisely what size to get, and I need to order soon or I won't be able to until February. There's no way for me to go try some on.

I fit AE park avenue 8.5D very well. The seller knows how Alden lasts match up with Vass, so even if you can't tell me what U last I would be, an Alden reference will help. Any assistance in this department is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I would like to see info/charts matching Alden lasts with Vass lasts? So far I'm 0 for 2 trying to find my correct size in Vass shoes.
frown.gif

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
this monk in P2 and the Brandy cordovan are just stunning - I like the medallion on the monk, breaks up the vamp, and the silver buckle is cool
photo8sg.jpg

Actually, I was thinking the monkstrap looks a bit bulbous in P2, while the budapest model on the other hand, looks fantastic in same--love that saddle shell. Which is a bit funny, because I'm not so much a wingtip/blucher guy, but am big into monks. In fact, I was thinking of a monk in saddle shell, F last, for my next order, though was debating on whether to do a medallion or not. If I opt for medallion, however, I would choose the fleur-de-lis style more commonly seen here on monks; the one in question (butterfly...?) appears too sparse on the otherwise unembellished expanse of vamp, and also too far forward for my liking. Dig the silver buckle though, and will inquire about this. I must say, thinking seriously about that saddle shell blucher, really something in that configuration...

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
I would like to see info/charts matching Alden lasts with Vass lasts? So far I'm 0 for 2 trying to find my correct size in Vass shoes.
frown.gif

I feel your pain. After several tries I have determined thus: the U last for various reasons for me is out; the P2 I believe should be a half size smaller than the F last, though both could stand to be a half size smaller than what I have currently-- 40 in P2, and 40.5 in F. With the F (and even more so in the U) I simply cannot get used to the idea of an additional 1+" of leather in front of my big toe. The P2, while not quite as elongated as the F, still has too much volume in the instep: the quarters lace almost completely closed (chukka), and feel as if they could close further still given the room, though the fit around my ankle would not allow it.

Fyi, though I cannot reference an Alden fit, I find Ed. Green 7E in 202 to be snug, but very comfortable, nearly an ideal fit.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
ls heel of P2 last same width as F last?

wider, and longer than it is wider too

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This U last Norweger (on left) pic is from an earlier post this thread by GDL203.

I want to get something different from Vass.

Is this a hideous Frankenshoe or edgy, manly and awesome? (or something else again)
thanks

Vass4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads