• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(another) shirt fit critique

vncrz

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with how it fits right now but nevertheless want some feedback for future orders. Shirt is a Hemrajani MTM after minor alterations (waist taken in and sleeves shortened)
Screenshot2010-12-02at80105PM.png
Screenshot2010-12-02at80126PM.png
Screenshot2010-12-02at80501PM.png

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually let the waist out a bit. As for the sleeves, don't they ride up too much when you bend your arms? The front could be cleaner (which doesn't mean tighter) around the pectorals/shoulders.

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
I would actually let the waist out a bit. As for the sleeves, don't they ride up too much when you bend your arms? The front could be cleaner (which doesn't mean tighter) around the pectorals/shoulders.

The sleeves ride up a bit but not enough to be hidden under the suit sleeve. As for the front, the shirt wasn't ironed before I put it on, which might have something to do.

Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
has this shirt been washed a few times?
if not, the sleeves will be too short after the third wash

Yes, the shirt has been worn and washed several times. I like my jacket sleeves a tad on the short side, Ã la YFYF, and the shirt sleeves peeked out way too much pre hemming, now it's about a quarter to half an inch.

Thanks for the input!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it is the cuff circumference that controls the sleeve length. so you may find the sleeves feel a bit short when sitting at a desk

otherwise the shirt looks fine

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say things look pretty good. Any criticism is probably verging on nitpicking.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
I would say things look pretty good. Any criticism is probably verging on nitpicking.

I agree.

EZ

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
it is the cuff circumference that controls the sleeve length. so you may find the sleeves feel a bit short when sitting at a desk otherwise the shirt looks fine
You're of course right. However in more casual environments I like to rock the unbuttoned cuff look and for that they need to be a bit shorter… from one of the best posts in the Sartorialist:
Sleevelength.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads